Omink inverter in Home assistant

I would love to have such a bar graph for my omnik. Could you maybe explain how you achieved this? Thanks!

I think he used the custom:mini-graph-card component for it, or at least I did. Here is my configuration:

- entity: sensor.solar_power_today
    name: 1
group_by: date
hours_to_show: 168
icon: 'mdi:weather-sunny'
name: Per dag 1
points_per_hour: 1
show:
  graph: bar
type: 'custom:mini-graph-card'

Like @Sjorsa said, you can do it by using the mini-graph-card. You can install it through HACS.

This is my current view:

Code:

color_thresholds:
  - color: '#3498db'
    value: 0
  - color: '#f39c12'
    value: 1000
  - color: '#c0392b'
    value: 1800
entities:
  - entity: sensor.solar_power_current
    index: 0
    show_points: true
    state_adaptive_color: true
hour24: true
hours_to_show: 24
icon: 'mdi:weather-sunny'
line_width: 2
lower_bound_secondary: 0
name: Zonnepanelen actueel
points_per_hour: 20
show:
  extrema: true

And:

aggregate_func: max
cache: false
entities:
  - color: '#e74c3c'
    entity: sensor.solar_power_today
    index: 0
    show_points: true
group_by: date
hours_to_show: 168
name: Zonnepanelen vandaag
show:
  graph: bar

Thank you very much. I got it working with Grafana and InfluxDB. But this is much easier!

Hi,
First of all a big thanks for the great effort you guys put in here.
I am using the component of @heinoldenhuis to integrate 2 omnik inverters in my HA.
the thing I can’t seem to find out is that it works flawless on one of the inverters, (garage) but at the other one (huis) it seems to loose connection pretty consistent every 8-9 minutes, resulting in a zero value (unavailable)
Showing this in the log for all sensors :

SolarHome AC Output Power became unavailable
10:15:12 AM - 6 minutes ago

I don’t see any disconnects in the WIFI network, and with the @robbinjanssen component (huis_2) I don’t have the disconnect issue, but I find that the data refresh rate is very low (data change around 10 minutes).
Any idea what could be causing the disconnects / zero values?

Thnx @robbinjanssen, it also works perfectly for a Hosola inverter PV Hosola inverter sensors

Thx, your setup also works for a Hosola inverter! PV Hosola inverter sensors

Hi,
I’m new with home assisant. at the moment i’m trying to get connection the omnik solar converter. But have still no luck, it looks like i have a problem with the path configuration. I placed sensor.py file is in the following path: config\custom_components\omnik\sensor.py

The error what i received by debugging is:
2021-02-21 11:50:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Invalid config for [sensor.omnik]: [name] is an invalid option for [sensor.omnik]. Check: sensor.omnik->name. (See ?, line ?).

Is there any one that see this problem before? What i can read out the error is that the path is not corosponding with the custom_components. But i don’t know how to fix this.

Hi,
Seems that after an upgrade to the latest core the sensor is not recognized anymore. I get the below message when validating configuration.yaml.

Platform error sensor.omnik_inverter - Integration ‘omnik_inverter’ not found.

Did anybody run into this same issue? Thanks!

yes, i just upgraded and found the same… Any solutuion found?

This is great! thanks for sharing this! Works for both my inverters. Only downside is a lot of errors in the log when the inverter goes offline at night (the older model is powered by PV power)

The solution from @gerard33 is great, if it works for you please dont stop using it! :slight_smile:
There is a new beta version of the component which will probably work for you as well: https://github.com/robbinjanssen/home-assistant-omnik-inverter/releases/tag/v2.0.0-beta-2

1 Like

will this available for BOSSWERK MI600 too, which is HTML based?

I think so, someone else got it working :slight_smile:

Just try, if it doesn’t work then open up an issue or report here and we’ll see what we can do! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @robbinjanssen tnx for your effort and work into this, it is working well for me.
I was wondering though, my Omnik (1500tl) has the ability to define ‘remote servers’ under the advanced setting in the webinterface of the omnik. You can define 2 additional servers next to the default one that is now redirected to Solarman.
This might be something like syslog? Or something like calling an API? Have you ever taken a look at that? I suspect more information could be gathered via this method? Because i guess that is the way that Solarman now receives the information as well?

Hi, can someone explain me how to integrate the Bosswerk MI600 inverter?
According to the info from @PX80 and the GitHub page linked in post #62, the HTML protocol must be used. However, I already don’t know what needs to be entered in the fields Username and Password. I have already entered everything possible that is somehow related to the inverter, but unfortunately without success.

I am still waiting for mine but reading trough manuals

AccesPoint: AP_4xxxxxx
IP 10.10.100.254
User admin, password 12345678
Then you are suppose to change the password for the default http access

Thx for reply.
It’s been a while since I tried this, but ADMIN and 12345678 I think I tried as well, unfortunately without success.
For certain reasons, I can’t try it again at the moment.

then you will have to reset the inverter. see manufacture manual

btw: it might be case sensitive so try admin over ADMIN

Hi @PX80,
sorry for late reply. Finally I got a new MI600 inverter. My old inverter was broken and had sent it in. That’s why I’m just now answering.
And this is what I found out, how to integrate the MI600 inverter.
Protocol: HTML
Name: what ever you want
Host: 192.168.1.xxx (the IP no. of the inverter in your home WLAN)
User: admin
Password: admin

1 Like