So I’m late to the smart game. And only own a trust zigbee hub and few lights. But with my upcoming move I have a problem with the ligth switchis and need to go smart or go rewire all of the living room. I’m renting so… Option 1
So to go to the question, I’m going to start “smarting” my apartment on a budget and I don’t want to have many apps all over the place.
And if I marry a platform I don’t want to have regrets
- Can Home assistant be the only app I interface with? (in addition to red nod or similar platforms when I whant to be fancy)
- Google home specker compatibility?
- UI that my wife will understand or at least know what to press with out calling me (ios user)?
- Remote maintanace, I work away from home for several days, and it will never be exeptble if I can fix small bugs via the computer?
- Can it sync up with Dropbox?
- Dark mode?
- I’m not a programmer but I am a computer savvy, how bad is the learning curve?
All tho right now I really don’t need a great program to what I need now, but I don’t want to have to change/learn new things after getting things working.
I plan to expand in the future. Where I whant to be able to do mad macros and automation,
where the rest of my family does not need to know anything other than: press/say this and it works