One Home Assistant istance for 2 houses (with 2 different gateway-subnet). Is that possible?

Hi,

I have my home assistant instance running as VM in my proxmox server in my home. I recently rented a second house just for the weekend, put a teltonika 4g router a set up (with a friend, I don’t have the skills) an IPSEC vpn between the houses.

From my PC i can connect to the remoted devices using the ip address. I was expecting that this was enough but discovered that discovery (sorry for the joke) works only on the subnet in which HA is, so I added a second virtual lan card to the HA VM and set up a second ip-gateway etc.

Once again no changes.

This is becoming an issue because I cannot connect to xiaomi gateway (who need to share same subnet to be stable) or able to setup generic cable (error says can’t connect while it works using browser).

There is some network expert that can help me?

In that setup you cannot use discovery. You can address things directly using IP addresses.

God knows if I tried. But xiaomi gateway seems required same subnet. Generic camera still does not connect

2024-02-08 21:21:50.997 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.generic.config_flow] Error getting camera image from https://192.168.3.158/cgi-bin/currentpic.cgi: ConnectError
2024-02-08 21:22:20.821 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.generic.camera] Error getting new camera image from Borgata Sestriere: All connection attempts failed
2024-02-08 21:22:23.893 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.generic.camera] Error getting new camera image from Borgata Sestriere: All connection attempts failed

While the link work as expected outside Home assistant