One of my two FP2's will not upgrade past 1.2.2_0002.0028. Always gives 'Firmware Upgrade Failed'

Hey all,
One of my two FP2’s will not upgrade past 1.2.2_0002.0028. Always gives ‘Firmware Upgrade Failed’.
I bought them both at the same time, the first updated just fine, but then the second one updated once, to the firmware it is at now, but errors out every time I try 1.2.2_0002.0056.

Sorry in advance for the photo of a screen, but I keep all third-party/proprietary apps on a separate dedicated phone in which I have no personal applications installed, just in case any of those apps decide to muck about.

It was mentioned somewhere that these might be running on one of the esp32 (or something similar?) SOC’s? I am wondering if, were that to be the case, I might be able to get the known good firmware from my one FP2, and then manually load that onto the second one (or something along those lines, I am open to whatever might fix it/resolve this issue.)

If anyone has any info they can share, or perhaps a direction in which they could point me, I can get it figured out, just need somewhere to start.

Does the FP2 have Internet access?

Check the router

Did you solve this problem? I have the same problem.
I tried to do the update from my phone having turned of 4g/5g.
Soo it has internet acces. But still running into a problem

The only thing I disvocered is that the ping is all over the place when starting the update.

Unfortunately not. It is still sitting here next to me. I try to update and it just fails. I am not sure of what else to try after having factory reset, etc.

Can you set the region to China main? And try update again?

Well, that sort of worked, or so I thought at first. It ‘updated’ to version 1.2.3_0002.0028 (still v0028), so it seems like it ‘side-graded’ to the mainland firmware, but now it still will not update to either the US or Mainland version of v0056.

Isnt there a newer version in China? 059? Can it update to 059?

No idea, I don’t see a way to choose. Perhaps it’s incremental? It just says 0056 is available, and if you go to update, that’s what it tries to install.