One ZWave device disappeared

This is odd… My Fibaro Smart Implant that controls a gate (open/close sensor and pulse control to open it) has disappeared from my ZWave config completely. I use ZWaveJS2MQTT 6.10.0, ZWave JS 9.3.0, on an Aeotec stick. 60 devices, all the rest are fine, but the gate stopped working. I checked ZWave, and device 25 has disappeared. I have a nodes.json from after last device add, and it’s in there:

“22”: {
“name”: “Garage lights”,
“loc”: “Garage”
},
“23”: {},
“24”: {},
“25”: {
“name”: “Side Gate Smart Implant”,
“loc”: “Outside Side”
},
“26”: {
“name”: “Driveway lights”,
“loc”: “Outside Front”
},

and it’s not in a new one:

“22”: {
“name”: “Garage lights”,
“loc”: “Garage”
},
“23”: {},
“24”: {},
“26”: {
“name”: “Driveway lights”,
“loc”: “Outside Front”
},

If there is an issue with the device (it’s 24V powered by the way, not battery), I don’t understand why it’s not there instead of there but failed…

I’ll see if I can reset it an re-add on the weekend, but any ideas why it would have just gone?

Check the driver logs for the last time the node was logged, and see if anything happened at that time.

1 Like

Where does one access the log? ZWave-js logging is enabled in the settings but not to file; I can’t see how to actually view the current driver log?

It’s accessible from the Store browser. Although, if logs aren’t enabled, then you’re out of luck. https://zwave-js.github.io/zwavejs2mqtt/#/troubleshooting/generating-logs?id=driver-logs

Logging is enabled, log to file is not… So where does it log?

I think it goes to the debug log window, so not saved anywhere.