Onvif Cameras

What is image “Onvif cheque” You may need to enable it?

When I did my printscreen a few minutes ago I thought the same thing, after activating the option Onvifier application on my phone stop working and the camera was no longer detected in Onvif Device Manager.

I tried the option Generic IP Camera but it gives me an image each 10 seconds, I do not have the video in real time

1 Like

That’s normal, the card won’t display live video, but refresh image every 10 sec?, I think, once you click on the card the window should open up with a faster stream.

When I click the card I only see a timeline of camera activity, I watched youtube video and saw camera setup with real time feed, It’s probably another type of camera that is supported, I saw that there was a ZoneMinder module, I could make a VM and added my cameras to see if I can connect them

In Homeassistant?

Look at this beautiful dashboard, you can see at 0:28 live feed video

Dashboard

Like this:image

Or this: image

Hadashboard is a whole different story.

What are you using to record you cameras?

My bad if i click the camera card and wait like 5 sec i have a live low quality feed refresh 1sec
Im recording my feed with iSpy on a virtual machine i was using CyeWeb in the past with no issue

Either way, I think the end result would be the same.
See this post: Hikvision setup

This is very well explained in the topic you sent me, I will try with the mjpeg module

I will try tomorrow because it is late, thank you for your help and your valuable advice!

I will update my post tomorrow if it works!

:+1:Cheers!

Hi! What happened to the tests? thank! :slight_smile:

Hey there! Proper devicemgmt.wsdl file helped me with “ONVIFError: Unknown error: (400, ‘Bad Request’)” error on my Chinese cameras. Ensure that you have set of .wsdl files in both of /etc/onvif/wsdl and /path_to_your_virtualenv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/onvif/wsdl locations. Your can download them from ONVIF site https://www.onvif.org/profiles/specifications/ or somewhere else :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have hassio and i don’t have of these files or directories , should i create them?

I’m not sure about hass.io but .wsdl files should be present in /etc/onvif/wsdl at least.

im using the latest version of hass.io and there is no such folder /etc/onvif let alone /etc/onvif/wsdl

Just create it!

I tried to insert the file in the hass.io folders … but the error remains! other tips? solutions? the cam works correctly with all the onvif apps !!!

I’ve got cams only pan and tilt (not zoom)
With onvifer on Android or onvif manager on Windows I can rotate them perfectly but ha keep saying “cameras does not support ptz”
I think the component onvif needs some tweaking.