OPC Integration

As an open platform, has anybody done (or given thought to) an OPC integration?

1 Like

+1
It’s a interesant thing

There is a python implementation of OPC-UA that you should be able to implement into Hass.

1 Like

interesting, i just saw this:

1 Like

The advantage of having an OPC integration is it automatically opens up a huge range of integration options, from CCTV systems to Industrial equipment

1 Like

Yes!
We need to make this component.

Just to reawaken this Thrad: I am very interested in an OPC UA integration as the relevance of OPC UA is constantly growing.

Unfortunately I am not very experienced with the development of new components, but I know OPC UA and especially the Python-Opcua library. It would be great if someone could help me develop an OPC UA component for HA.

1 Like

how do you install FreeOpcUa onto Home Assistant OS ?

If I do that on my Hassio Home Assistant I get :

➜ ~ pip install opcua
Collecting opcua
Using cached opcua-0.98.12.tar.gz (571 kB)
Requirement already satisfied: python-dateutil in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from opcua) (2.8.1)
Requirement already satisfied: pytz in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from opcua) (2020.4)
Collecting lxml
Using cached lxml-4.6.2.tar.gz (3.2 MB)
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /usr/bin/python3 -c β€˜import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = β€˜"’"’/tmp/pip-install-lwedsz99/lxml/setup.py’"’"’; file =’"’"’/tmp/pip-install-lwedsz99/lxml/setup.py’"’"’;f=getattr(tokenize, β€˜"’"β€˜open’"’"’, open)( file );code=f.read().replace(’"’"’\r\n’"’"’, β€˜"’"’\n’"’"’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file , β€˜"’"β€˜exec’"’"’))’ egg_info --egg-base /tmp/pip-pip-egg-info-zlixhpse
cwd: /tmp/pip-install-lwedsz99/lxml/
Complete output (3 lines):
Building lxml version 4.6.2.
Building without Cython.
Error: Please make sure the libxml2 and libxslt development packages are installed.

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.

I can’t seem to install lxml ?

evening.

I am working on a custom component. it is stable but is only for sensors and writing back to nodeids.

any thoughts of suggestions are welcome. hope it helps people.