Open-Assistant integration

I think it is important that this project get in touch with the people of this project GitHub - LAION-AI/Open-Assistant: OpenAssistant is a chat-based assistant that understands tasks, can interact with third-party systems, and retrieve information dynamically to do so.
In a short time they will have a version available and it would be interesting if no details of the implementation escape from the design

Yes, I been trying to get the word out!!!

1 Like

Hi everyone! It will be amazing, is it there any way to integrate it? Thanks.

I have not yet seen them catching on to it, but I am hopeful that the HA team will catch on. Otherwise, someone will build something like it and all we will need is a good dashboard from somewhere to work for our homes.

+1, it would be cool to integrate it with the new Assistant features as an additional assist pipeline, so that we could use it in DIY “smart speakers” using ESP32 or similar.

1 Like

++1 on this. I love the idea of an internal assist, that we have now.

And sometimes when I want to ask a question that requires outside data, I’d rather go through an open service.

Open Assistant could be used as a fallback for the Assist pipelines: Pipeline chaining or fallback intent

But maybe should be something more generic than Open Assistant, so you could use LocalAI, PrivateGPT or anything else.
Like maybe just use the already implemented Wyoming protocol integration.

What do you think?