Opencv Installation

I am getting this error in homeassistant:

No OpenCV library found! Install or compile for your system following instructions here: http://opencv.org/releases.html

But as far as I know I have it already installed. What am I missing?

I am not really sure what to do next. Anyone has an idea?

Recommend pip install opencv-python

Please provide more detail? What are you running home assistant on? How did you install opencv? Where are you seeing that error and what are you doing that produces it?

In most Linux distributions, a library is split in to two separate packages. The main package provides the library itself. A separate β€œdev” package provides the source code files needed to compile code that uses the library. If home assistant is unable to build the python module for opencv it’s incredibly likely that’s because the library was installed but the header files in the dev package can’t be found. But we won’t know for sure without a detailed description of your issue.

Oh, I have this fixed. I have installed opencv as @robmarkcole suggested and I think that was the problem. Not quite sure since then. But I am ok with the component now. Thank you.

1 Like

I have experience with deepstack and I would like to try out OpenCV, but I was faced with the fact that there is no sensible instruction on OpenCV and with examples of how to train OpenCV for face recognition and how to assign a person’s name to this person. For example, you can upload an image from deepstack and specify the name of the person, and the name of the person will be displayed in the Home Assistant.

What I’m interested in about OpenCV:

1. How do I configure OpenCV in Home Assistant for face recognition?
  2. How to output an event in the Home Assistant as in deepstack?
  3. How to train the system so that the person’s name can be determined by the face?
  4. How and where should this be specified so that the system determines the name of the person, as in the case of deepstack?

Π― имСю ΠΎΠΏΡ‹Ρ‚ с deepstack ΠΈ ΠΌΠ½Π΅ Π±Ρ‹ Ρ…ΠΎΡ‚Π΅Π»ΠΎΡΡŒ ΠΎΠΏΡ€ΠΎΠ±ΠΎΠ²Π°Ρ‚ΡŒ OpenCV, Π½ΠΎ столкнулся с Ρ‚Π΅ΠΌ, Ρ‡Ρ‚ΠΎ Π½Π΅Ρ‚ Ρ‚ΠΎΠ»ΠΊΠΎΠ²ΠΎΠΉ инструкции ΠΏΠΎ OpenCV ΠΈ с ΠΏΡ€ΠΈΠΌΠ΅Ρ€Π°ΠΌΠΈ ΠΊΠ°ΠΊ ΠΎΠ±ΡƒΡ‡ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ OpenCV для распознавания Π»ΠΈΡ† ΠΈ ΠΊΠ°ΠΊ ΠΏΡ€ΠΈΡΠ²ΠΎΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ этому Π»ΠΈΡ†Ρƒ имя Ρ‡Π΅Π»ΠΎΠ²Π΅ΠΊΠ°. К ΠΏΡ€ΠΈΠΌΠ΅Ρ€Ρƒ Ρƒ deepstack ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ½ΠΎ Π·Π°Π³Ρ€ΡƒΠ·ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ ΠΈΠ·ΠΎΠ±Ρ€Π°ΠΆΠ΅Π½ΠΈΠ΅ ΠΈ ΡƒΠΊΠ°Π·Π°Ρ‚ΡŒ имя Π»ΠΈΡ†Π°, Π° Π² Home Assistant Π±ΡƒΠ΄Π΅Ρ‚ ΠΏΡ€ΠΈΠ»Π΅Ρ‚Π°Ρ‚ΡŒ имя Ρ‡Π΅Π»ΠΎΠ²Π΅ΠΊΠ°.

Π§Ρ‚ΠΎ мСня интСрСсуСт ΠΏΡ€ΠΎ OpenCV:

1. Как Π½Π°ΡΡ‚Ρ€ΠΎΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ OpenCV Π² Home Assistant для распознавания Π»ΠΈΡ†?
  2. Как Π²Ρ‹Π²ΠΎΠ΄ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ событиС Π² Home Assistant ΠΊΠ°ΠΊ Ρƒ deepstack?
  3. Как ΠΎΠ±ΡƒΡ‡ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ систСму, Ρ‡Ρ‚ΠΎΠ±Ρ‹ ΠΏΠΎ Π»ΠΈΡ†Ρƒ ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ½ΠΎ Π±Ρ‹Π»ΠΎ ΠΎΠΏΡ€Π΅Π΄Π΅Π»ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ имя Ρ‡Π΅Π»ΠΎΠ²Π΅ΠΊΠ°?
  4. Как ΠΈ Π³Π΄Π΅ это Π½ΡƒΠΆΠ½ΠΎ ΡƒΠΊΠ°Π·Ρ‹Π²Π°Ρ‚ΡŒ, Ρ‡Ρ‚ΠΎΠ±Ρ‹ систСма опрСдСляла имя Π»ΠΈΡ†Π°, ΠΊΠ°ΠΊ Π² случаС deepstack?

Hi!
I am wondering the exact same thing as you. Did you ever got an answer to this?

Emil

No, I never got an answer. I use deepstack