openHASP: An MQTT driven Touchscreen / Scene controller

How can i contribute to the documentation?

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of a page you will find a link called “Edit on GitHub”. That will take you to the Github document where you can edit the markdown of that page.

1 Like

You mean first fork your repo, change the markdown file and do a PR ?

Indeed, it’s basically just like any other Github repo.

very impressive project . run it on my lanbon L8 HS . now i cant control various entities in my hass setup. i got few question:

1. how do i control the 3 built in relays
  2. kinda confuse how do i setup the moodlight until i get the entity in hass

im using the custom component for openhasp. tqvm

Which version did you install on the device? Version 0.5.x doesn’t suport the gpios very well…

We’re preparing the 0.6.0 firmware and custom component. You can try this development version to control the internal replays and moodlight using HA.

moodlight and backlight light entities appear on my hass, but relay is no where to be found. im using L8-HS and these are my gpio setting pointing to the relay based on the documentation. anything i did wrong? btw touch control with gpio relay is ok. mqtt still doesnt work? im using latest integration in hass

Yes because this is work in progress.

You need to install the main version of the Custom Component, not 0.5.0.

Go to HACS > Integrations > on the openHASP pane click on the 3-dots icon > select Reinstall > choose main from the dropdown > Install and restart HA.

From the docs:

You have to use component version consistently with the firmware version on your plates. For example, if your plates are at firmware version 0.5.x, you also need to use component version 0.5.x to ensure interoperability. Home Assistant will show a warning if it finds a version mismatch. Note that you can only have one version of the component installed at a time so a mix of plate versions cannot be deployed.

1 Like

3 Likes

Good tip thanks, easy to miss that.

Im using latest component version. Still no relay entities in my hass. I can see mqtt msg using mqtt explorer while turning on/off internal relay via touchscreen. Do i have to create mqtt switch manually in hass?

Did you select the main option from the version drop-down menu?

The current 0.6 version should show 9997585:

i got this 9bd2ad1, yes i install from main

Commit 9bd2ad1 was 2 days ago, 9997585 was 2 hours ago.

ok. updated just now

3 entities autocreated via openhasp. do ii suppose to get automatic 3 switch entities?

You should see 5 entities. Also, the Icon of your plate is the old switch icon. The new icon should look like this:

I still think there is a version mismatch. It’s probably best to remove the device/entities, custom component and config and start fresh.

To rediscover them, currently you need to delete the plate from the integrations list, restart HA, and after that restart plate again!

tq. i started from fresh . somehow installation from HACS despite choosing "main’ as source still pull old installation. i manual copy from github and that solve the prob. tqvm!

1 Like

some manual copy with your instruction. that solve the prob, tqvm