Openmedia vault disables internet access

Hello, I am running HA docker on RPI os . I also installed openvault natively, not in docker. and since installation , my HA lost internet access. Infact I cant restore backup . When I checked network settings, I only see wlan no eth0. I believe installing OV did something to the network manager that disabled internet access to my HA.

did anyone face this issue?

I want to run openmedia vault, HA (supervised), pi hole on my RPI 4 4gb

Hello!
It seems like installing OpenMediaVault (OMV) natively on your Raspberry Pi has caused network configuration issues, leading to your Home Assistant (HA) losing internet access and the eth0 interface disappearing. To resolve this, check your network interfaces using ifconfig or ip a, reconfigure the network settings in /etc/network/interfaces to ensure eth0 is set up correctly, and restart the network marykayintouch services with sudo systemctl restart networking. Additionally, ensure there are no conflicts between OMV and HA, and verify Docker’s network settings if HA is running in Docker. Reinstalling the network manager with sudo apt-get install --reinstall network-manager might also help. For more detailed guidance, community forums for OMV and HA can be very useful.

1 Like

Or that is setup wrong and you don’t actually have DNS.