OpenMediaVault integration

Hello, any chance to see OMV6 implementation?
Thank you for your work!

I have not looked into it yet. Since OMV6 has not been released yet, I’m focusing on existing OMV5.

Having an issue with OMV integration after updating to 2022.3.5
Graph no longer plots. Entities (OMV) in Development Tools show Unavailable except every minute or so flash with the correct updated values sent from my OMV device. This lasts less than a fraction of a second.
If I run the cursor over the graph I created months ago using custom:apexcharts-card a small windows show up with the data but no graph plots. Again this started today shortly after 9AM when I updated to 2022.3.5
I did remove the OMV integration in HACS, Rebooted, and reinstalled the HACS OMV integration.
Same issue.
Is anyone having this issue? Thanks

I am not sure if my OMV integration failed or the pi that is running it. I use an automation to update and upgrade to pi via a shell command but this time the pi has had so many ngix problems that it is up and down almost constantly. I can no longer log in to the web interface and SSH takes ages to do anything. For example a simple ls command takes two or three minutes. I don’t know if this is a corrupting SD card, some network problems or something more general.

So I don’t know if this helps or not but I am pulling the little remaining hair out of my head. Is it just your integration that is an issue and not the whole mess??

Check if you get values on sensors. It all depends on that.

Yea, using MMC as linux boot drive is really really bad idea. It will always fail, sooner or later.
It you cannot even log into UI, its unlikely integration will work.

Did anyone seen API documentation for OMV6?
Common link still shows only OMV4 API and there is no mention of API on OMV6 docs.

I’ve put that question on the OMV forum :wink:

I mean, documentation for API. I’m pretty sure they didnt removed API itself :slight_smile:

Edit: This was already solved. No API documentation, but ryecoaaron, mod at OMV forums helped me to clarify everything and point me at all resources I need. So we are all good and can move forward.

1 Like

I’m accepting feature request (for OMV5 only so far) for next few days.
Describe what you would like to see in integration and how it would be used (way features are implemented often depends on their use).

You can write it here, but best is to open feature request on github

OMV6 is now tested and supported.
But remember, OMV6 itself is not officially released and things may break by updates.

3 Likes

I recently noticed a strange issue with my drive temperatures. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that they all started reading in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. The graph still shows F, but the values are C. I also noticed that instead of one graph, I now have two and one of the drives is by itself on the second graph which reads C. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the integration and I still get the same results. Anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions what might be causing it and how to solve the issue?

try looking into HA log, it may be recorder unit_of_measurement issue. if it is, you will see how to solve it in that log too.

Hi,
Been waiting for somekind of OMV remote control. I think that’s where it could end up.

For the moment, I noticed that networks isn’t in the list of sensors at the top of the thread, before I upgrade the server from 4 to 5, I would like to know if network traffic (incoming/outgoing per inteface) is there in HA and if not would it be possible.
Have a server across 4 physical networks, acheived by using static on all NICs.
regards

It is not possible right now.
Network throughput should be accessible via API in next OMV6 release, but not sure if it will be added to OMV5.

More info on github and OMV forum link mentioned above.

1 Like

Hi, I sucesfully installed it through HACS, but i don’t seem to find the integration.

Clear you browser cache

Hi @Tomaae
is it possible, to see the current raid status? So when a disk has an error and the state is degraded or something like that?

Possibly. But consideting OMV does not have any native raid, but instead various raid types provided by different plugins, it would be a lot of work.
If you want to do it, feel free to submit PR.

I’ve just installed an instance of OMV6 and, since I like to monitor all kinds of things I started using this integration too.
One weird thing I noticed is that the attributes are mostly unavailable, the values being visible only for about one second every minute or so. In consequence, all my graphs are dotted. Even binary sensors are dotted.