OpenMediaVault integration

No, you dont need to change port. Check your HA core log for errors.

Hi Tomaas … then I am attaching the photos to show you everything.
After various tests I realized that: after changing the default OMV port, as recommended by other users in the forum (port 81), home assistant finally generates the entities but rightly with an error in the log, because it does not connect to the nas (I attach photos). Then I proceed to change the port indicated in the error logs and finally the integration starts to work by displaying the values ​​of the generated entities, even if they remain fixed and do not update. Another thing I noticed is that by restarting home assistant, the entities become unavailable again. To make them work again, the OMV door must be replaced again. Other errors does not show Home Assistant. What can be the cause? How do you think I could make integration communicate permanently? Do I need to change any parameters in OMV or in Home assistant? this error unfortunately, as I noticed in the forum, also occurs to other users. Thank you so much for the work you do for all of us.Immagine 2021-02-16 130749 Immagine 2021-02-16 130938 Immagine 2021-02-16 131035

Immagine 2021-02-16 131311

This is the error in the HA LOG. Even changing the port to 85 as shown, the integration works poorly. In fact, the entities are not updated and become unavailable on restart. Hope it will be of help to you and the forum users.

It worked but then it stopped. could be locked user or different limitation on your OMV.
You will have to make sure you can connect with that user and then have a look at first errors. At this point you are locked out, so this error wont help.

hello @Tomaae,

i have the error " SSL certificate verify failed" when i want add the integration, i have open an issue on Github.

I have a certificate on my OMV5 Nas, so i think i missed something for the configuration? Need to put the public RSA key somewhere in HA?

If you could help please?

Thanks

Disable SSL verify

1 Like

thanks, already understand yesterday :wink:

Hi,

Is it possible to modify Uptime in days/hours/min/s instead of hours ?

Capture

Like that

Capture2

Thanks

I dont think so. This is still not changed to timestamp standard, but that one does not show up like that.

Hi Tomaae, thx for the OpenMediaVault plugin! Would it be possible to add a sensor for the version installed?

Alex

Should be possible, but why? It is static information until you update manually.
Right now I’m not able to do any work on this integration as I dont have access to OMV instance and for some reason I’m not able to start up VM with OMV.

u still can use mine… :crazy_face:

Thx for you’re replay. I understand!

Where can i find yours?

Amsterdam, NL. Come here, coffee is ready… :wink:

hi, is it compatible with OMV 6?

OMV 6 is in Alpha stage testing. Be the first to try… :wink:

1 Like

I’ll let you know

Considering that OMV is known to disregard backward compatibility and upgrade paths, I dont think it will work.
But give it a try, should be safe.

1 Like

Hi,

I installed it through normal process (Settings->Integrations).
It asks IP, username and password. I put all correctly but I get

[%key:common::config_flow::error::cannot_connect%]

Running OMV 5.6.13 on a ODroid HC1.
Home assistant as a Docker Container inside OMV, but al with IP from the same network (using macvlan).