OpenRGB + Home Assistant

I am probably making a complete rookie mistake here and confusing what this actually does…but…

I have OpenRGB HACS integration running on my little x86 HA Server. Now when I try to configure the integration it can’t connect. That isn’t unexpected, because I don’t have an OpenRGB Server running anywhere. Now the question is…can I run the Server as an Addon or something on my HA Server? It’s the only system that is always on, so it’s the logical choice…?

The Openrgb server is the openrgb software on your computer with your rgb lights. When you open that, there’s a Server tab where you can start the server. Once you’d done that, try creating the integration again.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I will see if I can figure it out and whether this is actually useful for me.
My PC offers me the option to sync with hue, but I have moved all my lights to Zigbee2mqtt and am no longer using the Hue hub

I too am using Z2M. My PC had mainly Asus Aura Rgb lights before I added a few different brands.

The rgb software provided by most of these big names are pretty poor. Openrgb serves a similar function to z2m - removes the need for several different pieces of software etc.

You can check on the openrgb website to confirm it supports your hardware.

1 Like

Will do. Thanks!