OpenZwave and Zwave2Mqtt question

I have tried over the last couple of month to test both the OpenZwave Daemon and Beta HA integration as well as the zwave2mqtt docker configuration.

I have approximately 20 devices. 6 of them, with a net 4 different device types are not recognized by both Zwave2mqtt and openzave deamon.

Heres how the 5 are broken down

Door Sensor
manufacturer_name: Ecolink
product_name: Door/Window Sensor

2 Garage Tilt Sensor
manufacturer_name: Ecolink
product_name: Tilt Sensor

2 Door Sensors
manufacturer_name: Linear
product_name: WADWAZ-1 Door/Window Sensor

1 motions sensor
manufacturer_name: Linear (Nortek Security Control LLC)
product_name: WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor

Is it possible that I need wake these devices up or a heal of the network will successfully recognize them.

Any help is appreciated.

Battery devices won’t be recognized until they wake up and OZW can do a “device interview”. Typically removing the cover that accesses battery compartment will activate the tamper switch and cause the device to wake up. If these devices were originally securely included, the network key will also have to remain the same.

If you keep the ozw daemon running long enough, the device will eventually wake up on its own. Typically it will happen at least once per day.

It also important to make sure the ozwcache file is written to disk and the daemon cleanly shut down. Lose the cache file and you lose your battery operated zwave devices until they wake up again.

I can’t locate this ozcache file, is it because I’m using the beta integration via the supervisor?

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar HA supervisor as I have installed via different method so I don’t know the file path of OZW configuration directory in that environment. I use a python VENV and run the OZW daemon via docker.

The only thing I can suggest is doing an exhaustive search with find, preferably in a shell running within the home assistant supervisor docker environment. The file SensorMultiLevelCCTypes.xml among many other xml files should exist in the OZW configuration directory.

find / | grep -e 'SensorMultiLevelCCTypes.xml|ozwcache_'

Thanks or the help, Taking off the cover and putting it back in it quickly found the device and I was able to get all 20 working with Open zwave daemon running as a docker.

Just FYI
I am running everything as docker on unraid
images
homeassistant/home-assistant w/ the beta openzwave integration
openzwave/ozwdaemon

I had to rename a few devices to get them in lovelace, but that was pretty smooth. One of my motion detectors seems to work a little better.