OpenZwave Set Device Associations

i spelled mine correctly :stuck_out_tongue:

If sounds like if the node is not capable of sending multi-channel messages, the target will be forced to 29.0. What device is Node 21?

You would need to look in the ozwcache*.xml file to see if it does suport multi-channel. Something like this will be in the Node’s XML.

<CommandClass id="96" name="COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_INSTANCE/CHANNEL">

If it’s not there, then I don’t think the node can be configured to target any specific endpoint.

Hoping for a little help with Group Associations if possible. Back story I have an Aeotec Nano Dimmer and WallSwipe interface - the main function works great, however I’m looking to use the scene control (left/right swipe) to activate other functions and no matter what I try I do not get a response when listening for the events using: ozw.scene_activated (as I see with other devices).

So I reached out to support and they have been attempting to support me but I have hit a wall with (supposedly) Group Associations -

I’ve been instructed by Aeotec support to set the following:

Try assigning Group 2 to Node ID 01 (controller). I noticed that Scene Activation reports off Group 2 under Group Association.  

If you have Z-WaveJS2MQTT installed, you should be able to reach Group Association
​
Then click Add Group

I recommend entering this information:
- Node Endpoint = no endpoint
- Group = Group 2
- Target Node = NodeID_1

Then save this.

I advised I was using OZW so his instructions didn’t help much - after hours of searching/reading I’ve went down the rabbit hole of attempting to publish the following command(s) via MQTT Explorer under topic: OpenZWave/1/command/addassociation/

{
  "node": 32,
  "group": 2,
  "target": "1"
}

and 

{
  "group": 2,
  "target": 1
}

Both return this under OpenZWave/1/event/addassociation

{
  "status": "ok",
  "TimeStamp": 1641089256
}

However still I currently do not see any feedback of the left/right swipe scene activation when I am listening for it through events using: ozw.scene_activated

Hoping someone would be able to advise if this is simply a syntax error or something else I could just be misunderstanding?

Link to Manuals/technical docs of the units in question: Aeotec - Google Drive

Cheers!