Orvibo B25

Nice one. Thanks for such an amazingly quick response :+1:

Thanks for your efforts ! How did you run using mosquitto_pub ? What command did you use ?

I have mosquitto Installed as a broker. I am unable to understand on how to divert traffic for homemate.orvibo.com to my IP. I have tried changing my hosts file to 192.168.1.2 homemate.orvibo.com:10001but haven’t got any success. On running homemate-bridge bys using the command : homemate-bridge --keys-file “C:\Users\Abdullah Shafiq\Desktop\Reverse\keys.json” --mqtt-host “192.168.1.2” but all I get is that it keeps listening on 0.0.0.0 port 10001 but even after waiting for more than a minute, I dont get anything

Should Orvibo be connected to my Wifi while performing these steps or should it be in configuration mode( red light blinking) ? @Philipp1001 @insertjokehere

Redirecting the traffic is something you will need to do on your router, the idea is that you want to make the socket connect to your server instead of the server Orvibo runs - editing your hosts file only redirect the traffic on the local machine

When I set this up I connected the sockets to my WiFi first, then put the redirect in place. I would be interested to know if you can connect the sockets while traffic is redirected

Thank you for your reply !! This has cleared my confusion. I will now try to redirect through my router

Hi guys,

I’m a newbie in python and I’m struggling to run the script to get the PK.
I put kepler.apk in /home directory.
How should I run it?like this:
pi@hassbian: homemate-bridge-seed-keyfile –keys-file keys.json /home/kepler
?
thank you in advance

Hi, may I ask do you have any updates? I still can’t get my S25(B25) Orvibo swither work. Thanks!

Eager to get this running but have no idea how to implement this in the docker version. Also homemate now works with GoogleAssistant and Echo, is this functionality broken using this approach?

Hello Everyone,
I believe the B25 is the same as the S25? Anyway, I was able to get this working with HA, however, you have to do some hackery (e.g. connect to the serial header and install custom firmware on it, I recommend the Tasmota firmware). More information can be found on this reddit post. Let me know if you need help on this.

Trying to avoid Hackery thanks. Trying to keep my build as standard as possible, where possible.

I don’t think you are going to be able to avoid at least some kind of hacking even without modifying the hardware. When I was trying to reverse engineer the protocol a few months back, I ran across this github issue where they discuss the intricacies of the protocol (within the issue there is a link to a wiki which kind of summarizes all that the developer has done. Looks like you need to obtain a key to decrypt the payload. Which the key may be common across all the devices but there are some legality concerns if the developer distributes the key as part of his software package. If there are no issues with it though, this could lead to a standard solution provided via a home assistant add-on. Ultimately, I prefer knowing the firmware on the device but to each his own! :slight_smile:

Hi there.

I also owned the earlier version of s20 using wiwo app and just trying to get them(both) to work with google home mini.

Apparently, im unable to find home assistant in google app to link up my s20. I did managed to get mi home app link up to the google home mini as i was able to select the app in google app. Did home assist change its app name under google app?