OS 12.2 - OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system

Getting this my logs after updating to OS 12.2 with one of my custom components. Anyone know what has changed to cause this ?

I have the same problem with Solarman integration. I tried downgrading back to OS 12.1 and it works again.

WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [custom_components.solarman.solarman] Querying [1028 - 1056] failed with exception [OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system]

The command to revert the update if anyone’s interested:

ha os update --version 12.1
2 Likes

See Release Notes – Known issues for 12.2.

But thanks for this thread – I found this note based on knowledge I need to downgrade…

There is a known issue in Supervisor making add-ons unable to use shared memory and create pseudo-terminals, manifesting with error messages usually mentioning Read-only file system. If you are affected, please wait for the next Supervisor release (2024.04.0) or downgrade to the previous OS version using ha os upgrade --version 12.1. This issue is fixed in Supervisor 2024.04.0 available in the beta channel.

1 Like

This issue has been resolved with the latest release of Home Assistant Supervisor (2024.04.0). At least Home Assistant Core should exactly behave as before. :thinking:

@Holdestmade @ziizii @PetosS can you try ha core rebuild and see if this resolves the issue you are seeing?

6 Likes

This was fixed by ha core rebuild.
To fix after update and issue seen in logs:

1. ha core rebuild
  2. restart all rpi/box
  3. profit

Thanks @agners

1 Like

Worked for me too, thanks!

Works for me too, many thanks

Worked. Thanks!

Hey there. I am pretty new and coding is brand new to me. What exactly I´d need to do (and where) to get this running again, as I have the same issue. Running a OS 12.1 (tried to do an update on 12.2) - officially it´s not done, but getting same issues with plenty of times having READ-ONLY File system error logs… Can´t leveage Terminal within the sytem, as it´s also stating: couldn’t create directory /tmp/tmux-0 (Read-only file system)

Any hints (step by step) where and what to do?

Well, in particular as I am not able to add a ssh-key to my add-on → SSH & Terminal

I just installed the Terminal and SSH add-on, didn’t change any settings. Open the add-on UI and type the rebuild command above. My HA then restarted but you may have to manually reboot