OS update causes RPI not available

Hi

Yesterday I updated first the core of my RPI running HA and then I updated the OS, using the update functions in HA. After the OS update the RPI and HA is “non working”, the RPI doesn’t even show up in the router to which it is connected with ethernet cable (not wifi).

It sees HA boots all the way to the “logo” showing up and it resports Home Assistant OS 7.3
It reports the URLs
And then the HA> prompt.
But it does not connect to the network.

I have rebooted several times by powerdown/up.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong and how to recover?

Can you put a microSD card in the pi to check that it still works with something besides HASS OS (to rule out an ethernet port failure)?

I just updated my HA blue and its not coming up either. Havent checked up on it yet

Hi I have the same problem, booted with RPi OS and Ethernet worked ok. Looks like an issue with latest OS upgrade, not sure how to fix this or do we have to wait for the next release and then reimage etc?

So was this going from v7.3 to 7.4?

I first noticed the issue with 7.3 and then installed 7.4 , still can’t get an IP address with Ethernet so I am a dead duck until this gets resolved

I unplugged and replugged and it booted :slight_smile:

@SamJongenelen I did the same…worked ever since.

Hi after much reconfiguration and tinkering, noticed an issue with my ethernet arghh, so all good now and am on V7.4 without any issues.

This seems to happen to me everytime I run an update.

Funny thing is, when I connect a screen to the HDMI port, it boots, and then the problem is gone.

Same thing happened again the other day after update. No boot dispite several tries, then connected a screen and I could see it booting right away and then it just worked.