Osram DALI CONV LI in ZHA no Pushbutton

I have installed an Osram DALI CONV LI.
https://www.osram.com/ds/highlights/zigbee.jsp

This works fine with my ZigBee installation.
I use ZHA and a Sonoff ZigBee Bridge with Tasmota.
My lamp can be controlled without any problems.
However, this control unit still has a button input.
However, this does not work in the ZHA.
In the ZigBee log I see the commands, but I don’t have an entity for this button.

Can someone help me there?

Zigbee device signature:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(byte1=1, byte2=64, mac_capability_flags=142, manufacturer_code=4364, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=0, *allocate_address=True, *complex_descriptor_available=False, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False, *is_valid=True, *logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, *user_descriptor_available=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "10": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0101",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0008",
        "0x0301",
        "0x1000"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0019"
      ]
    },
    "25": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0104",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0003"
      ],
        "0x0003",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0008",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    },
    "242": {
      "profile_id": 41440,
      "device_type": "0x0061",
      "in_clusters": [],
        "0x0021"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "Osram Sylvania",
  "model": "Zigbee 3.0 DALI CONV LI",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

Short press:

[0x538d:25:0x0006] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control=<FrameControl frame_type=CLUSTER_COMMAND manufacturer_specific=False is_reply=False disable_default_response=False> manufacturer=None tsn=55 command_id=2>
[0x538d:25:0x0006] ZCL request 0x0002: []
[0x538d:25:0x0006] No handler for cluster command 2

Long press start:

[0x538d:25:0x0008] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control=<FrameControl frame_type=CLUSTER_COMMAND manufacturer_specific=False is_reply=False disable_default_response=False> manufacturer=None tsn=56 command_id=5>
[0x538d:25:0x0008] ZCL request 0x0005: [0, 20]
[0x538d:25:0x0008] No handler for cluster command 5

Long press stop:

[0x538d:25:0x0008] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control=<FrameControl frame_type=CLUSTER_COMMAND manufacturer_specific=False is_reply=False disable_default_response=False> manufacturer=None tsn=57 command_id=3>
[0x538d:25:0x0008] Data remains after deserializing ZCL frame
[0x538d:25:0x0008] ZCL request 0x0003: []
[0x538d:25:0x0008] No handler for cluster command 3

Double press:

[0x538d:25:0x0003] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control=<FrameControl frame_type=CLUSTER_COMMAND manufacturer_specific=False is_reply=False disable_default_response=False> manufacturer=None tsn=58 command_id=1>
[0x538d:25:0x0003] ZCL request 0x0001: []
[0x538d:25:0x0003] No handler for cluster command 1

Many Thanks.

Hey @danit

Have you been able to solve this? I have the same device, connected it dry-run for testing, everything is good until i click connected push button. Then in freezes and device becomes unresponsive. I have to reset it, remove from network and reattach again. Using Z2M.

BR

Yes, i have solve it.
I have changes to Zigbee2MQTT.
There the device is working fine.
There you have also the possibility to connect two dali devices and control them seperatly.

For me Zigbee2MQTT works mutch better then ZHA.

But you know, you must first activate the pushbutton befor you join the network?

Hello, have the same device, Zigbee controls DALI unit correctly, but no push button messages even in homeassistant debug log. What exactly do you mean with “you must first activate the pushbutton before you join the network”

Thank you

EDIT: Sorted it out to work with ZHA. You must push the button before joining the network as you stated, otherwise it won’t send the events.
After joining the net go to Developer tools - Events, listen to “zha_event” . Push the button and you get the zha_event data. Finally with those data you can make Automation with trigger on zha_event:

trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: zha_event
    event_data:
      device_ieee: **your ieee from listen**
      endpoint_id: **your endpoint from listen**
      command: toggle

Other commands available are move, move_with_on_off and stop. The move+move_with_on_off events are from long press, stop on release. Made scripts to increase/decrease brightness, toggle to switch the light on/off . All done .

I expected the push button to work without HA and switch the light on/off manually, but it’s not the case.

1 Like

Hello,

I have just seen this Osram Dali to Zigbee Converter. My question is - By using this part, do you need to Program the Lights to the Dali System, or by Installing the ZIgbee Converter, does this mean the Dali Light I am trying to bring over to zigbee will just appear in Z2M?

Thank you

Hallo.

With this device you can connect 1 light, 2 light or more then 2 lights.
When you habe connect one dali light it commes as one light in z2m. When you connect two light you become two lights in z2m.
When you connect more then two lights it comes as one light in z2m and you can controll all the connectet lights at the same time.

Every time when you reset the device it scans for the devices on the dali bus. You have nothing to programing on the dali site.

So when you change somethin on the dali bus you have to remove the device from your zigbee network and join again.

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it

@danit how does your setup look like? Do you need a DALI Bus or just OSRAM DALI CONV is enough to control DALI lights / led drivers?

@vgimbutas Do you know how DALI is working?
Do you read the manual from osram?
The dali bus need two wires to work. The ostam device can control the bus. So you need a bus.

Ahhh. What kind of bus are you using? Thanks a lot!

You can use what you want.
In my country normaly we use a cable with 5x1.5mm. Brown and blue for the 230v and black and grey for the dali bus.
But you can also take a cable with 2x0.75mm only for the dali.

So a bus is just two wires (not a hardware thing)? I also assume that I don’t need any bus power supply hardware as OSRAM zigbee converter has it built in, right?

Normaly a bus is a system to transfer data from one device to an other.

Did you read the wiki page about the dali bus?

The osram device are the power supply for the bus for maximal 8 lights.

Hi, could you share the script for dimming, brightening and on/off these controllers??

Hi,

Let me share my experience with the Osram Zigbee 3.0 DALI CONV LI, hopefully it will help others in installation.

Setup I have:

• Dali lamp (from EGLO)
  • Osram Zigbee 3.0 DALI CONV LI
  • Legrand 752111 changeover push button (Like this)
  • HA with Zigbee2MQTT

Inside the lamp it looks like this:

The Osram wiring (as written before):

Wiring:

• The lamp’s DA1 and DA2 should be connected to Osram’s DA- and DA+ (order does not matter, at least by experience)
  • The Osram’s switch connectors go to the push button (order does not matter, at least by experience)

With this setup you’ll have a Zigbee independent cheap push button (with on/off and dimmer control when you hold the button) and of course the Zigbee integration in HA.

What you have to do and what I discovered:

• HA integration is not a big deal, when the Osram is powered on you hold the reset button for like 10 seconds and integration begins in Zigbee2MQTT. After it works by default.
  • However the push button was not an easy thing to get into operation and this is why I created this post actually. At first (still everything on the ground) when I wired them, everything worked as a charm, however when the lamp and push button and everything was in place the button did not want to operate as expected. I did quite a few reset on the OSRAM, tried what was mentioned above (to push the button immediately when powered on), but nothing worked. Until at one point, when instead of keep holding the reset button on Osram I started to short press it like 30 times (yes, I was not the statue of calm at that point) and the lamp started blinking. While it was blinking I pushed the push button, nothing happened, but when I powered off (with the main relay) and powered on, then pushed the push button again it started to work. As I remember I pushed the button right after powering on and pushed a few times.
  • This is nowhere written and I think may just be a workaround, but worth to try if you stuck with the installation. Note: first integrate with HA/Zigbee, then do the short pressing, otherwise you have to reset the OSRAM and lose the working push button.

I hope it will be helpful for someone.