Osram Lightify Error in 0.44.1

Hi there,

I have an error with setting up Osram Lightify beginning with 0.44.1:

2017-05-19 17:08:31 WARNING (Thread-9) [homeassistant.components.emulated_hue] Alexa type is deprecated and will be removed in afuture version
2017-05-19 17:08:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Error while setting up platform osramlightify
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 155, in _async_setup_platform
entity_platform.schedule_add_entities, discovery_info
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 388, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 286, in _wakeup
value = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 54, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 60, in setup_platform
setup_bridge(bridge, add_devices, add_groups)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 106, in setup_bridge
update_lights()
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/util/init.py”, line 303, in wrapper
result = method(*args, **kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/util/init.py”, line 303, in wrapper
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 97, in update_lights
update_lights)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 268, in init
super().init(group, update_lights)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 121, in init
self.update()
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 282, in update
light = self._bridge.lights()[self._light_ids[0]]
IndexError: list index out of range

Anyone can help?

THX in Advance

Peter

I honestly have it working. What is your Osram config?

Hi BendedArrow,

normal config with 3 Lamps and 2 Sockets.

light:

• platform: osramlightify
    host: 192.168.1.103
    allow_lightify_groups: true
  • platform: hue
    host: 192.168.1.104
  • platform: rfxtrx
    automatic_add: True
  • platform: yeelight
    devices:
    192.168.1.129:
    name: Yeelight Küche

I dont see the problem. With 0.43 is worked perfectly :frowning:

BG

@Peter_Konig the only thing that I can think of is to make sure that your Osram Gateway did not change ip address.

Hmm…

Updated the Gateway but still errors:

2017-05-23 17:25:16 WARNING (Thread-8) [homeassistant.components.emulated_hue] Alexa type is deprecated and will be removed in afuture version
2017-05-23 17:25:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Error while setting up platform osramlightify
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 155, in _async_setup_platform
entity_platform.schedule_add_entities, discovery_info
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 388, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 286, in _wakeup
value = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 54, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 60, in setup_platform
setup_bridge(bridge, add_devices, add_groups)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 106, in setup_bridge
update_lights()
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 97, in update_lights
update_lights)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 268, in init
super().init(group, update_lights)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 121, in init
self.update()
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 282, in update
light = self._bridge.lights()[self._light_ids[0]]
IndexError: list index out of range

Anybody helpfull hints? :frowning:

THX

I had a problem with my Lightify setup for a while – there was an unnamed, invisible entry in the Lightify list of devices that couldn’t be seen in the Lightify app (and thus couldn’t be deleted). It caused crashes in homebridge (but just some random weirdness in Home Assistant at the time) and overall poor performance of the Zigbee network – lots of commands just wouldn’t execute and would have to be repeated.

I ended up having to nuke all settings and re-pair all of my bulbs in the Lightify app, and now it works perfectly. I can’t promise you the same results, but with only a few bulbs and sockets, it might be worth a try.

Thx wixoff,

give it a try tomorrow. Let`s see what happens… :slight_smile:

BR

Ok…repair all bulbs an switches…It Works!!!

Big Thx for help :slight_smile:

BG

Glad to hear it! In my case, I think I got that extra “unnamed” device in the lightify database by an incusion that didn’t complete properly. Or at least the GUI told me it didn’t work, but something happened behind the scenes and everything was hosed up after that.