OTBR and ZHA share the same radio but use different channels

Hi,

I get the following “Repair” message in the settings:

OTBR and ZHA share the same radio but use different channels

When OTBR and ZHA share the radio, they must use the same network channel.

If OTBR and ZHA attempt to connect to networks on different channels, neither Thread/Matter nor Zigbee will work.

OTBR is configured with a Thread network on channel 15, ZHA is configured with a Zigbee network on channel 25.

does someone know how I can change the channel for Open Thread Border Router? I can’t find the configuration option anywhere.

1 Like

Same here.

I fixed it by resetting the thread border router. After that, Thread starting using the same channel as Zigbee.

1 Like

This worked for me too.

Thank you

This worked for me too

cheers

Where can I find this option? I’m browsing through all menus but I can’t seem to find it.

Edit: Found it. In the “Units and services”, go to the Thread integration and click on “Configure” to get to the screen in the solution.

Hey friends. I can’t associate the Philips lamps, I read online but unfortunately I still haven’t found a solution, can anyone help please?

This did remove the repair message for now. But, when I try to make my Sky Connect the preferred network under the thread config I still get the message that it can’t associated since it is still on a different channel than Zigbee.
When I then try to change the channel within Thread it says I need to do this on the hardware. Then when I try to reconfigure the hardware it states it can’t be reconfigured as long as Thread and Zigbee are using different channels. this doesn’t make sense.

Correction, when I try to reconfigure MultiChannel Support on the HW I get an “Unknown error occurred”. So, it won’t change channels.

OK, so whatever I do, I can’t get Zigbee and Thread to use the same channel. Apparently, the Zigbee channel was changed when I make the change via the HW settings even though I received an error. But, I am unable to change the channel on thread. It keeps telling me that it is on channel 20 while ZHA is on 25. But I want them both on 25. Whenever I try to change the channel by way of the thread settings, I always get the message that this can only be done on the hardware settings. My hardware settings are correct (channel 25).
Even after removing Thread and re-adding it (after a HA restart) it continues to set itself up on channel 20.

UPDATE: Sorry for flooding this thread. I finally fixed it by deleting both the Thread and OTBR integrations and then restarting HA. After restart both were there again, but on the correct channel.

1 Like

Thank you for your followup! :slight_smile: That fixed it for me