As can be seen in the documentation, the Tuya integration supports the following entity types:
Now, Tuya has many many other device types and it’s not immediately obvious that Scene enables support for many of them!
In my case it was a pet feeder that I wanted to integrate into HA, so I did this:
- Add device to the Smart Life app
- In the Smart Life app, go to the Smart menu, Tap-to-Run, “+”
- Select “Launch Tap to Run”
- Select “Run the device”
- Select your non-supported device
- Select the desired function (in my case Feed) and parameter (in my case portion number)
- The Scene (in my case with some Chinese text in the name) gets added to Smart Life
- Set up the Tuya integration in HA (make sure your Tuya password only has letters and numbers)
- The Scene shows up in the HA integration!
After that, it’s easy to rename it, add it to Alexa & Google Home and thus achieve HA & voice control over the device.
The scene creation in the Tuya app has a whole bunch of other options, this is just an example for my pet feeder, but it looks like time & other stuff can be used to trigger it as well.