Out of space – cannot seem to solve the issue

Hello.

I am running HA Supervised on a rPi4. ALL of this stuff is BRAND NEW to me. I am trying to clear up space, as I’m now at capacity. I’ve tried following all kinds of guides to purge the logs. I couldn’t really even tell you if that has been done successfully – but it has been done. I’ve deleted backups. And I’m still at 95%.

I ran this command below to get a feel for the space being eaten up, but it really doesn’t mean anything to me. Maybe it does to you?

b24home@b24:~ $ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 1.6G 0 1.6G 0% /dev
tmpfs 380M 1.9M 378M 1% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p2 29G 28G 142M 100% /
tmpfs 1.9G 27M 1.9G 2% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 16K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 4.0M 0 4.0M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1 510M 74M 437M 15% /boot/firmware
tmpfs 380M 40K 380M 1% /run/user/1000

I don’t have any idea what more to do. I’d appreciate any help. Thanks!

This is just info from whatever you installed on the Pi.
It shows that the mmc mount is 100% full, but that may not be just HA i dont know what else you installed and how?

Supervised installation is for you know what you are doing and the onus is on you keep everything running smoothly.

The better option for now would be HOAS install. Dont forget to make a backup first you can then import.

1 Like

I installed via the only method I could figure out. I knew I wanted to keep the Pi available to run other light programs rather than have only the HAOS and it be dedicated to that.

In other news, I learned another command that let me go deeper in auditing the space on the card, and discovered that the backup actually WASN’T deleted. So, that ended up doing the trick!

1 Like