Overkiz API and Somfy API

Do you still have problems? I still can not integrate my shutters since the change of address “external”

or is it a problem on my side since the last update of hassio?

Hi, I’ve just tried yesterday to redo the integration with the “external”. There was no issue.
When you are on the Somfy pop-in where you have to accept the term, look at the url in your browser. Do you see your callback URL?

Remove the Somfy integration, and add again. Because of this issue, the token we have are broken.

i have a erreur {“error”:“redirect_uri_mismatch”,“error_description”:“The redirect URI provided does not match registered URI(s).”}

callback URL “somfy_consumer_key” and “my_adresse” is ok. I have not Consumer Secret in url.

https://accounts.somfy.com/oauth/oauth/v2/auth?response_type=code&client_id=“somfy_consumer_key”&redirect_uri=“my_adresse”/auth/external/callback&state="token"

Last mistake I can see is the redirect_uri starting with https and the callback url (the one you set in Somfy portal) starting with http. If everything is OK, I cannot do anything on my side. I suggest you to recreate an app on the Somfy website. Their was perhaps a sync issue.

As a good news, on few releases, you won’t have to setup anything. HA will have one common app for all the users.

Solved

Problem resolved with

http:
base_url: https://myadress:8123
ssl_certificate: /ssl/fullchain.pem
ssl_key: /ssl/privkey.pem

I think the problem is related to the latest hassio update. “api” “token”. When I try to connect with a new browser it does not work.

I search the solution. grrr

During the last State of the Union, we can see the Somfy component with the new authentication system :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc17q1Zn0Xs&t=3742s

1 Like

A couple of days ago, I received the email below.

Beste Somfy TaHoma/Connexoon gebruiker,

Volgens onze gegevens heb je in de afgelopen 3 maanden een verouderde methode gebruikt om in te loggen op je Somfy TaHoma/Somfy Connexoon.

Hierbij informeren wij je dat, in verband met de veiligheid, onze systemen bijgewerkt worden op 3 december 2019, waarna inloggen niet meer mogelijk is via onderstaande methodes:

• Een oude Somfy App (versie voor 2018) of een verouderd toestel (iPhone 4 of ouder, iPad 1 of Android 4.0 of ouder). Wij adviseren je om de Somfy app te updaten of een nieuwer toestel te gebruiken.

• Applicaties van derde partijen: Home Assistant, Mediola of Jeedom. Wij adviseren je de applicatie te updaten zodat je onze nieuwe API gebruikt – voor meer informatie bezoek de desbetreffende partner website.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Somfy

The last bullet states that from december 3rd onwards, third party applications like Home Assistant can only access Somfy products using the official Somfy API. I guess access using the Tahoma integration will be blocked. Has anyone else received a similar email?

I didn’t receive this message. I can understand their reasons. But honestly it’s not fare. The unofficial API allow to use much more devices than the official one. So for instance, I won’t be able to call my scenarii or get my sensor value.
I will contact their support.

I’ve got the same mail. I really don’t like it… with the official api I can’t use my awning.
I’ve contacted them, but they don’t answer.

Hello,
I receive issue “ClientResponseError: 400, message=‘Bad Request’, url='https://accounts.somfy.com/oauth/oauth/v2/token” since last somfy API crash.
My HA is fully updated, I have recreated application in somfy dev portal, I have deleted integration in HA. When I try to re-create somfy integration in HA, I get redirected to somfy page, successully loggin and then I receive error on somfy page: “An error has occurred
Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact our technical support team.”
Do you have any solution for this issue?
Thank you
EDIT: The issue was intermittent. It works after 2 hours out of a sudden. Resolved.

With this plugin the status of my cover is unknown, is it possible to show open or closed?

Are your cover RTS or IO? RTS is a stateless technology, so their is no way to get their position.

@EdwinH @gieljnssns I got an answer from the Somfy support about the depreciation of their old API.
The API using the endpoint externalAPI will be removed soon indeed. Sadly, that’s what use the Tahoma component. So it means in few weeks/month we won’t be able to trigger scenario, get sensor value etc. The unofficial compoment wont work anymore.

The good news is they planned to migrate their products using the old API to the now official and open one we use right now. It’s great for the durability.

Here in French the answer I got:

La « méthode obsolète » évoquée dans cet email fait référence à un vieux set d’API utilisé par TaHoma (dont le baseURL est constitué de « externalAPI »).

C’est effectivement vrai pour tous les pays mais la plupart des composants développés avant le lancement de notre API officielle ne sont pas (ou plus) basés sur cette API dépréciée. Si tel est le cas il faut qu’ils soient mis à jour. Les composants utilisant l’API TaHoma plus récente (dont le baseURL est constitué de « enduserAPI ») continueront de fonctionner pour le moment.

In English:

The “obsolete method” mentioned in this email refers to an old API set used by TaHoma (whose URL base is made up of “externalAPI”).

This is indeed true for all countries, but most components developed before the launch of our official API are not (or no longer) based on this depreciated API. If this is the case, they must be updated. Components using the newer TaHoma API (whoseURL base is made up of “enduserAPI”) will continue to work for the time being.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator

It’s RTS, but i would expect that the initial state is unknown.
But if i open the covers i would expect a status change to open in home assistant and not unknown.
If i than only use home assistant for my covers than home assistant could track the state.

I would agree with this. It should be possible for HA to track this if only HA is used to position the blinds.

@TheMystery @SamBGB Currently when you set the position of your RTS covers do you see the position still set in the interface? Meaning HA remember what you set.

As I understand it this component is going to be deprecated? so I have decided not to go ahead with it as from what I gather its using an old API

The Tahoma component will be deprecated. But the one we talk on this thread, Somfy, use the official API and is the one to use.

I love the work you’re putting on the official API, but I’m afraid of the loss of functionality if the Tahoma component is dropped as the official API doesn’t support much of their products, and the last release note is more than a year old… As you seem to be in contact with them, do you know if they’re working on expending the API (I’m particularly interested in their smart lock)?
Also, the release note from July 2018 mentions a support for their smart thermostat. I own one but the Somfy component only lists my Velux shades. Are the thermostat not yet included in the HA component (I could try to help on that if needed)?
Once again, kudos for the great work!
cheers