Overkiz API and Somfy API

I recently purchased the KLF 200 to connect my Velux blinds to Home Assistant. Are you saying this can also control my Somfy blinds? Do you have any more information on this?

From what I read on several forum yes. The KLF 200 understand the io-homecontrol protocol. So if your Somfy blinds use also this protocol, it should be possible to pair them. You will have 1st to remove them from your Tahoma box.

Maybe a NOOB question, I have a somfy connexoon and its connected to using the official API (which works perfect) . Since I also have a sunis IO sensor (which I found is not (yet) supported by the API. Can I use the onoffical Tahoma integration ? Or does’t only work when I buy an actual Tahoma box ?

1 Like

Can KLF 200 set tilt position of the covers? The code in the Velux component can only set position.

Other than that, after the SSL fix the API is extremely unreliable - I am getting tons of errors and huge delays every single day. Often when closing 6 covers with a button only a few actually shut down.

Anyway, I am really determined to get rid of Somfy API. Three months with my covers and I really regret getting Somfy. Their Android app is a nightmare and API is a joke in terms of reliability.

I keep looking for a solution, maybe there is a way.

Cheers
MichaƂ

Yes you can. Look at the documentation: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/somfy/#potential-duplicate-with-the-tahoma-integration

1 Like

Now the whole Somfy APP, Homeassistant integration and Somfy webpage is down for me.

If I log in on somfy-connect.com then I get “JSON parsing failure at character 1:‘Y’ in You exceeded the rate limit” error. The Tahoma box has red color.

Indeed, I’ve the same bahavior. Apparently, the covid 19 affect also Somfy :neutral_face:

WTF
This is a joke
What a bunch of amateurs

Same here, Tahoma glows red, nothing works.

Probably haven’t paid their hosting dues with S3 or Azure :astonished:

Yes, all possible ways to use your Somfy devices aren’t working except the good old remote :neutral_face: Time for a local interface

1 Like

The german help center says:

Liebe Somfy-Kunden, leider besteht aktuell ein Problem mit unserem Smart-Home-Server fĂŒr die TaHoma- und Connexoon-Boxen. Eine manuelle Steuerung Ihrer eingebundenen Anwendungen ist daher gerade nicht möglich. Alle bereits aktivierten Zeit-Programmierungen und Wenn-Dann-Bedingungen laufen weiterhin ohne EinschrĂ€nkungen. Unser Entwicklerteam arbeitet mit Hochdruck daran, dies so schnell wie möglich zu lösen. Bitte entschuldigen Sie vielmals die Unannehmlichkeiten.

which translates to:

Dear Somfy customers,
Unfortunately there is currently a problem with our smart home server for the TaHoma and Connexoon boxes. Manual control of your integrated applications is therefore not possible. All already programmed time programming and if-then conditions continue to run without restrictions. Our development team is working flat out to solve this as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

So once again they haven’t got their hardware under control.

1 Like

They pinned a message at the top of their French forum too:

ChĂšre Cliente, Cher Client,

Nous rencontrons actuellement un ralentissement de serveur TaHoma/Connexoon empĂȘchant le pilotage de vos Ă©quipements Ă  travers vos applications.

Nos services de dĂ©veloppement qualitĂ© mettent tout en Ɠuvre pour solutionner ce problĂšme le plus rapidement possible.

Nous vous prions d'accepter nos excuses pour la gĂȘne occasionnĂ©e.

L’équipe des Yellow’s SOMFY

It basically has the same meaning.

I want to give a heads up to Tetienne! Although the Somfy API product is in a miserable state he keeps trying to make the best out of it and is giving support on problems that are most of the time out of his control. And we are very happy when the api is up and the integration is working great, because of his time and effort.
So thank you! :smiley:

7 Likes

I moved from Tahoma box to Velux KLF200 in order to get rid of somfy servers. I could transfer all my devices (9 shutters and 4 exterior venetian blinds) quickly and control them (open and close). The KLF200 provides a local API ant the API specification allows to control nearly everthing the io-homecontrol protocol supports. However the current implementation via pyvlx packages provides not all functions.
One lovely feature I’m missing is the control of the tilt of the blinds. So I would much appreciate if someone could support to modify the velux integration in that way that it would be able to control also functional parameters of io-homecontrol devices and not only the main parameter (which is the position in most devices). Also it would be great if the complete velux integration would be part of home-assistant and not just a bridge to pyvlx package.

It would be great if you can explain how you moved to the Velux KLF200. I think a lot of people are interested.

About your other remarks, it’s out of this topic. I saw you already contacted the author of the library.

Well, in order to explain exactly I would need to repeat, but mostly the following Video explains it very good, just instead of sharing devices from a remote, I shared my key from Tahoma settings and started the product search. All configured devices on Tahoma was found on KLF200, just the naming was not shared, so I had to identify each shutter and blind and give them a proper naming. https://youtu.be/47dUdAHTCBA

I’m also pretty sure both Tahoma and Velux boxes can be used in parallel. I have not tried it yet, due to lack of Ethernet ports on my switch. Once I configured KLF 200 via WiFi (KLF200 creates its own wifi access point for configuration only, WiFi cannot be used for API access) I exchanged Tahoma by KLF200 in order to link with hassio. Once configured VELUX Integration I had all my shutters and blinds in hassio with the naming I defined on KLF200. By the way, the shutters react much faster than via Tahoma.

Awesome. By chance did you try to unplug something from your switch to connect the KLF200 and the Tahoma?

I connected now my Tahoma also in order to test it and was able to control my devices via both, Tahoma and Velux. However I had all my covers doubled in Home Assistant. But the change on one cover has caused a change on the other. I also created a custom component based on pyvlx in order to control the tilt settings via KLF200. So now I have all the functions from Tahoma also on my custom velux component.

Hey there, I have a problem authenticating for quite a long time (but having an rfxCom for the blinds I do not use the integration that much when the weather is cold, however my sun awning is used these times.

I have the following issue :

• my redirect uri is correct https://<MA_HA_URL>/auth/external/callback, I can see it in the URL that is presented on the permission grant screen, but when I validate I get a “redirect uri mismatch” (this uri is the proper one on somfy developer’s side)
  • I’ve recreated the app on somfy developer side but it bails out with an error even before showing me the permission grant screen.

Is this a known issue ? Is there any workaround ?