Overkiz API and Somfy API

I stil have issues that the up and down arrows are still greyed out for my blinds, it didn’t use to be like that. I have removed the integration and then i added again but still the same. Any idea what the problem might be ?

I will contact you in PM to no pollute this thread.

Same issue here. Tried to re-add the integration but receiving an unknown error on Somfy Developer page… The whole Somfy API is dramatic… sigh…

just upgraded to 0.1104
deleted and reinstalled integration.
All blinds are gone!
Rolling back to 0.1096 does not help. All covers showing unavailable.

Same issue here, Somfy integration does not work anymore, no more entities discovered.
Went back to Tahoma, it still works.

+1. All covers show state “unavailable”. :roll_eyes:

Same with me. Everything gone :frowning:

The same for me. I will contact their support. That’s insane to have such bad servers…
I tried on https://developer.somfy.com/somfy-open-api/apis/get/site. Here also no result.

You can add me to the list as well. Covers are no longer available. Not that long ago, someone suggested to use a Velux IO product instead as it woud offer a local API. Is that a viable solution?

Same here (4 blinds and a canopy)… somfy sucks, better solution is buying a normal blind motor (45€) + Shelly 2.5 (18€), and you can use MQTT to integrate with HA.

I have another 5 blinds and 3 canopies with last solution and no problems at all.

I can’t wait for my somfy motors to break down so that I can change them for a more open solution

On their site (https://developer.somfy.com/) you can see this message:

Somfy API Maintenance scheduled release starting from 10:00 PM (CET) Tue Jun 2, 2020.

We can imagine it’s linked to our issue. That’s the first time I see an update on their site.

Apparently yes. Several people use the KNF 200 to control their IO devices locally.

I have any cuestion, please

I want to buy a blind in my house, and it have three options, somfy IO, somfy RTS or somfy with cable.

I have home assistant, and i dont want to buy any hub (want to connect without tahoma or connexon)

is it possible??

can I use integrations tahoma or somfy for that?

somfy IO, somfy RTS or somfy with cable. which one I choose?

Thanks

For sure, don’t install RTS blind. They have no return state. So you don’t know the position of your blind. IO is a proprietary and close protocol with the 2 way communications. You will require a box to control them. So in your case, I will go for the wire path and then install a Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 module (zwave protocol) for each device. No cloud dependency.

1 Like

No, you can’t. They use a propietary encrypted protocol and you have to buy any of their hubs. If you want an open solution, use a normal blind motor (4 wires) and a Shelly 2.5 relay.

regards

1 Like

Annoying. You can add me to the list as well for having a bunch of ‘unavailable’ devices. Let’s hope that after the scheduled maintenance our issues are fixed as well…

Same problem here. Starting to regret buying the Somfy IO motors for my blinds. In Hindsight, I wish I bought generic motors with a Shelly relay… A lot cheaper and more reliable (no cloud!).

Wait, so you mean I could use this instead of the Tahoma box and there is no connection to an outside server?

4 Wire Motor (~45€/$) + Shelly 2.5 (19.90€) + MQTT Server (Free) = Better than somfy and of course open.

If you use NodeRed you can do what you can imagine.

1 Like

Hello people.
I read the post and I confess that everyone is to be congratulated, the content is extensive and I saw that many were successful. I have somfy curtains in my house and I use the home assitant. This is the only equipment that I was unable to automate because I ended up leaving it last. I need your help for that. To use somfy integration with HA, what hardware do I need to buy for this integration to work?