Overkiz API and Somfy API

The fact is Somfy does not use their own official API for Alexa or the Tahoma application. It’s why you only see this error with this component.
And as I said in my previous comment, I’m waiting for an answer from their support.

No worries. I feel it would be more efficient/reliable to address the TaHoma box on the local network directly (if possible)

Thanks for your full answer. I wish you will have a feedback soon for the first problem which is quite annoying compare to the second one which is less important

Another thing I saw is that all “open” or “close” commands are given one by one instead of “Tahoma application” which start all covers at the same time. Thereby all covers are not closed “at the same time” (1 or 2 seconds delay). If there is something to start all orders at the same time it should be interresting (maybe did I miss something in the configuration?)

Bye
Jérémy

Sadly, the Somfy official API does not expose group command or scenario…
You can have a look to the Tahoma component which use the same API than Tahomalink.com: https://github.com/iMicknl/ha-tahoma

1 Like

We all prey to have one day a local API.

2 Likes

I just installed the Tahoma custom_component. The integration is OK, all my cover / sensor are detected.

I let you know if I have some problems. Thanks for the tips

Bye

Jérémy

After a test this morning “open all covers” (on Tahoma custom_component), I have the same problem as the Somfy integration, two covers stay closed (but the others started at the same Time). With my config on the previous post, it does not take care of the UP/down speed

Hi All,
I have a Connexoon RTS in Australia and I have created an App in the development portal and set my redirect url to http://192.168.10.100:8123/auth/somfy/callback
I added the Somfy Integration to HA, edited configuration.yml with my secret details and restarted.
I dont see any devices, any clues please?

From the gist of what I got on these forums, apparently the roller blinds do not work with the Connexoon and Somfy API (hence the no devices), and the Australian Connexion service is blocked from the Tahoma method, so for now no way to use them. You would need to replace the Connexion with something else.

Edit: An update, this issue has now been fixed, and Australian Connexion hubs for roller blinds through the Somfy Tahamo custom component.

Except “something else” probably wont work on 433Mhz in Australia?

It is an encrypted 433mhz so yes not anything will do, there was another product suggest above or one of the other somfy threads but I didn’t look too much further into it yet given what the connexion hub cost me already. I’ve just put up with the scheduling in the connexion app.

Edit: An update, this issue has now been fixed, and Australian Connexion hubs for roller blinds through the Somfy Tahamo custom component.

1 Like

I think, until Somfy sort out their unreliable API, the only “reliable” way to control them would be with an ESP soldered to the pins of the remote!

I believe this is not just due to Australia, but due to the Connexoon RTS (not normal Connexoon) using different servers. I will create a private message with some of the users of Connexoon RTS and see if we can get it working!

For me the unofficial integration, via the tahomalink.com API, works very reliable for months already. My main hope is that Somfy will keep allowing us to use that internal webservice, until they fix their official Somfy API.

For me in the UK, the API failures are now a regular daily occurrence. I’ve also got an automation backup call to IFTTT to open/close the roller blinds but even this is regularly failing. So I now have no faith I can control the blinds via HA API or IFTTT. Have been looking at using a rfxtrx433e/xl but these are now discontinued. Where to go from here without getting a soldering iron out? Do any of the great HA experts have any ideas?

Are you using the “made for Somfy” integration or the Tahoma integration?

Thanks for asking @alexanderfitu, I’m using “made for Somfy”. I’ve a Connexoon RTS controller so wasn’t sure about Tahoma integration. Also I can’t login with my Somfy user into tahoma.com, not sure if that would work with the Tahoma HA integration. Is that an option in your opinion, is it any more reliable?

You should be able to use https://github.com/iMicknl/ha-tahoma with the same credentials. (depending on the type of Connexoon box). We are trying to add support for all Connexoon RTS boxes.

Could you give it a try? In my use-case it is more stable than via the official Somfy API.

Hi. I’ve been using somfy integration for about a year. Unfortunately, I’ve been observing for about a month that I can’t completely rely on it. I have set the behavior of blinds within automation. Even if the automation starts, sometimes the blinds don´t respond. I haven’t solved it for a while, but it’s starting to bother me.

First I checked the logs on the TaHoma side and indeed some inputs are not recorded, so they will not be executed. When I look at the logs on the HA side, I see a lot of repetitive entries on the blinds side. This corresponds to a history where blinds are often unavailable.

I would understand that one of the blinds has a worse connection, but all five? Does anyone have experience with this? Unfortunately, I can’t compare it to older loggers, the blinds used to work without problems, so I didn’t have to deal with it.

Yes, the HA-Tahoma plugin is much better, to the point of actually being usable :slight_smile:

I have a Somfy-Tahoma box though so not sure on the support for the Connexoon boxes. I had the same problems with the “made for Somfy” integration with the API reporting 500 internal server error in the logs daily.

You are not the only one that observe this behavior. Apparently Somfy has some trouble with their servers. I will recontact them next week.

1 Like