Overkiz API and Somfy API

Yes, sure:

thanks!

Hello I am trying to automate the “my” position But cannot figure out where I would find it.
The square button my my lovelace dash operates this but where is it in the automations section?

I don’t get it. Are you talking about the Somfy component (does not support My) or the ha-tahoma custom component (support My)?

sorry my bad, its the taHoma integration, with RTS control, I was typing without fully thinking.

I seem to be having issues also since yesterday 5pm. Using the Somfy Integration.
Every 2 minutes the connection between Connexxoon and HA seems lost.

I don’t understand how such big company can a so bad api and so bad servers…

2 Likes

You use cover.stop_cover to perform the My function when the blind is not moving.

Best would be to use set_cover_my_position. If you head to developer tools > services, you have a great overview with descriptions of all the possibilities.

According to this:

The new hub is almost the same except for out of the box zigbee support (hub?, support for more total devices, and additional scenario buttons on the device itself.

Whether the zigbee support could be used to control the devices locally remains to be seen (but I doubt it…)

I wrote some custom refresh automation, when my covers goes to unavailable state:

- alias: Reload covers when unavailable
  description: 'If covers goes to unavailable state try to reload cloud api somfy integration'
  trigger:
    - platform: homeassistant
      event: start
    - platform: state
      entity_id: cover.rs_l
      for: 00:00:10
      to: unavailable
  action:
    - delay: 00:00:04
    - service: homeassistant.reload_config_entry
      entity_id: cover.rs_l

That’s how much desperate I am :slight_smile:

I am using the Somfy API integration for my blinds and the Tahoma integration for my Somfy light sensor. The integration is not workable, if I automate the blinds going down for 30% in the app I can only lower them more. (not go up) I get an error message that the blinds are not available like every minute. I I check the API on the Somfy website nothing turn up in the analytics. Like there has been no connection. In the logging I see Error requesting somfy device update data: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://api.somfy.com/api/v1/site"" The callback URL is https://localip/xxxx do you think chaning it to the duckdns url would help? I am desperate…

To be honest, I would just use GitHub - iMicknl/ha-tahoma: Custom component for Home Assistant to interact with smart devices via Somfy TaHoma or other OverKiz based API's. for now… (same for @quasistatistiek). At least you will have a more stable experience and even more features in some cases.

We are working to add this to core as well, however I expect this to take at least 2-3 months until all our changes are incorporated unfortunately. You can follow the progress here: Refactor tahoma integration and move to overkiz domain by iMicknl · Pull Request #49403 · home-assistant/core (github.com).

I am still hoping to move back myself to the official Somfy integration / API (with OAuth), but next to the stability issues, they really need to step up their game in terms of device support…

Okay… so Somfy tries now for the third time to move their customers to a new bridge (which is much to expensive for what it should be) and gives almost none improvements :frowning:

So apparently this is their business model…

Plus we got official words from Somfy confirming we can use the unofficial API for now, as long as the usage is “reasonable”!

I believe this is just an evolution and they are not trying to sell this to existing users. I don’t think that not having a local API is a device limitation, but it is just something they don’t want to support and build…

I hope they won’t be introducing any specific features or platforms that only support the new bridge…

There must be something wrong in my setup, I mean it loses connection every 2 minutes.
And I find iut really strange that on the developers website änalytics"there are no results of traffic at all…Would changing my callback url change to duckdns help?

Just had an extra error.

‘’’'Logger: homeassistant.components.somfy
Source: components/somfy/init.py:92
Integration: Somfy (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:55:51 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:55:51

Unexpected error fetching somfy device update data: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py”, line 180, in _async_refresh self.data = await self._async_update_data() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py”, line 140, in _async_update_data return await self.update_method() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/somfy/init.py”, line 92, in _update_all_devices devices = await hass.async_add_executor_job(data[API].get_devices) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymfy/api/somfy_api.py”, line 67, in get_devices content = response.json() File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/models.py”, line 900, in json return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/simplejson/init.py”, line 525, in loads return _default_decoder.decode(s) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py”, line 370, in decode obj, end = self.raw_decode(s) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py”, line 400, in raw_decode return self.scan_once(s, idx=_w(s, idx).end()) simplejson.errors.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)’’’

I have the exact same issue.

The same error show up in my log. I also have the following error showing up:
(MainThread) [homeassistant.components.somfy] Error requesting somfy device update data: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://api.somfy.com/api/v1/site

Last year everything was working perfectly, but this year I have nothing but issues. :frowning:

Same issue over here. Seems to be an issue with the Somfy API.

Yeah, I thought it would be a good idea to remove the integration and the app at Somfy at setup everything again, but I get an error when trying to reinstall it :sweat_smile:

Mismo problema. Se desconecta cada 2 minutos y no hay manera. Somfy cada dia peor. .-(