Overkiz API and Somfy API

Hello, since the integration with core I lost the possibility of activating the exterior camera. I had an alarm_control_panel.camera entity. Currently a switch.camera_entree_camera_shutter entity but no effect when I activate the switch automatically switches to off.

Please create an issue on GitHub and include your diagnostics information.

Hi all, Iā€™m sorry for hijacking this thread, I know the question / issue isnā€™t related to an issue with this integration but I donā€™t know where looking for help.
Does somebody have an issue about connecting with your Somfy Tahoma Switch?

I get often disconnection messages in the official Tahoma app and it seems the box has some problem with the wifi connection.

The switch has a quite high ping and sometimes drops the ping (192.168.100.116) in the local network. Any other device hasnā€™t the high ping or other issues.
Does your device behave the same?

Edit: anyway, the integration works perfect if the switch is connected

I have exactly the same issue. Integration is great but TaHoma switch disconnects oftenā€¦ keen to hear if anybody have found a solution. I was already in contact with somfy support but without luck.

@brozikcz @mn_box unfortunately I would have no clue. Best would be to contact Somfy support and/or post this on the Somfy forum. That is the only way to get their attentionā€¦

Hi there
Iā€™m trying to use the little A/M switch on the somfy remote as a sensor in my automations. But I canā€™t figure how (or if) the switch is represented by this integration.

Has someone a hint for me? :innocent:

Usually remotes are not exposed.

@neuhausf you could create an issue on GitHub, attaching your diagnostics (via ā€˜download diagnosticsā€™). Than we can have a look if it is even exposed.

Thanks Mick. I assumed that some state is stored on the Tahoma Box, as the box itself must respect this to do scheduled automations (or skip them, if on ā€œmanualā€).

Here is the issue: Expose auto/manual switch of Somfy remote (io) Ā· Issue #794 Ā· iMicknl/ha-tahoma Ā· GitHub

We are glad to contact you today for the release of a new service we call Developer Mode, available for the different types of TaHoma boxes. (TaHoma V2, TaHoma switch, TaHoma DIN-Rail v1 & v2)

Finally, a local API. We hope to implement this in next monthā€™s Home Assistant release!

Implement Somfy TaHoma local API Ā· Issue #796 Ā· iMicknl/ha-tahoma (github.com)

7 Likes

Wow thatā€™s great news. But unfortunately I donā€™t see the connexoon in the list, so that one is not supported?

1 Like

Unfortunately not. Perhaps you could contact Somfy support to ask if they plan to add this in the future.

wow, this is pretty amazing Mick, let us know if we can test drive :wink:

btw, would this also mean we get real time updates on the position of our covers? the 30 sec delay we now e sure must be one of the most obvious ā€˜issuesā€™ of the current cloud solution.

#fingerscrossedā€¦

Just chiming in, but maybe we could support this hack?

1 Like

Just did it: Connexoon support Ā· Issue #9 Ā· Somfy-Developer/Somfy-TaHoma-Developer-Mode Ā· GitHub
Now fingers crossedā€¦

It is a pity that Connexoon is not supported, perhaps the solution from @dmaasland can be extended to use the new Developer Mode. This would also help to make it easier to get this supported in HA core eventually, since the root is slightly different than the new local ā€˜developer modeā€™.

1 Like

Cool! I will definitely check it out when I have a minute.

I tried to understand the API documentation on the somfy developer github, but it didnā€™t say, which somfy devices are supported. Can you tell, if even sensors are supported (such as illumination, temperature, opening) or only actuators (cover, power sockets etc.)?

Ok so I updated my box to the latest firmware version and re-rooted it (which involved some new steps as public key authentication is now required).

Turns out the new developer mode works on the Connexoon as well as long as you enable the local API. There are some manual adjustments you need to make though to get everything running smoothly, mainly because the connexoon does not have the SSL certificates needed to start the ā€œdevmodesocketā€ out of the box.

Iā€™ll share some more details once I understand more about how it works :).

6 Likes

Long story short, almost everything works out of the box if you update your Connexoon to the new firmware and repeat the rooting process. The only thing thatā€™s missing are the SSL certificates for the local webserver.

Furthermore, the new firmware has some changes regarding partition size and SSH password login. Iā€™ve documented the changes on my blog: No clouds, just sunshine. Disconnecting Somfy Connexoon from the cloud. - Unauthorized Access Blog.

1 Like