Overkiz integration - Local API [Development / Testers topic]

Thanks that is really good news :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

very good news.
when will it be available for all of us ?

the monthly HA update is released on the 1st wednesday of the month so it should be in 6th Dec unless something is found to be an issue with it.

You can already test this via the beta channel, see Common tasks - Operating System - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io). The release is scheduled for next week Wednesday.

Would be great if people from this thread can try the beta out this week and verify if it works as it should!

1 Like

I would, but I never install the 1st release of the month, as there is always some issue or other, I always wait for the .1 or .2 update, and I donā€™t have a spare SBC to install HA dev channel sorry.

@imick Seems to be working. Missing some labels in the config though:

After setup it takes a while to get the devices in HA. After that the covers are working.

Edit: After a reboot the labels appeared.

1 Like

Youā€™re not mentioned in the beta release notes yet? This is a major accomplishment imho! Thank you!

1 Like

I also find it bizarre that you werenā€™t mentioned in the release notes. I think quite a few people have Somfy products and this is indeed a huge improvement.

Especially since (and rightly so) people insist on local control, this should be mentioned.

1 Like

Donā€™t worry about the release notes, this has been discussed already and will be added to the final version. :wink:

3 Likes
  • Add local API support to Overkiz integration (Somfy TaHoma Developer Mode) (@iMicknl - #71644)

I tested local API in the HA dev channel and I want to change my config from cloud to local API as soon as the HA 2023.12 is released. Is it possible to reconfigure my existing cloud integration to local and keep my device IDs? I have some device groups and automations and donā€™t want to reconfigure them.

1 Like

Hi,

I tested local API integration. First of all, congratulations for your work, itā€™s really good work, almost everything works except the scenes. When I try to call them, nothing happens.

Can anyone else try running the scene and confirm that it doesnā€™t work?

Scenarios are not supported in local API, see Support of scenarios created with the TaHoma app Ā· Issue #21 Ā· Somfy-Developer/Somfy-TaHoma-Developer-Mode (github.com).

Working on an update to remove all scenarios when you use local API.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I didnā€™t know that! itā€™s really a shame. Letā€™s hope that the Somfy team will one day integrate this possibility.

I will therefore replace scenario with direct command in my automations and continue testing the beta version.

I want to try the local api solution!

A couple questions though, the latest beta version doesnā€™t contain the Overkiz local solution, when I look for it on the integration page, is that correct?

After this can I remove my account on the Somfy website?
Does everything work (completely) locally or does some data still go to the cloud?
What are the real benefits? Not dependent on the cloud, so I think more reliable, but does it also work faster? for instance the request to close a shutter.

Thanks!

It is the same integration! When you set up the integration you can choose for Local API or Cloud API.

You could, but I would keep it, just in caseā€¦ When you set up the local API, you will need to login with your Somfy cloud credentials to generate an API token.

Afterwards, the integration works fully local and doesnā€™t connect to any cloud service. It should be more reliable (depending on your home network :wink: ) and slightly faster, but not sure if this is really noticeable.

1 Like

The speed and the Cloud API limits were the main reasons for me why I didnā€™t use the Cloud implementation before and used Homebridge which already supports local API for more than a year.

The delays were really 1-3secs with Cloud API and are now instant with the Local API.

Still busy trying to make my RTS shades ā€˜statefulā€™ with logical use. The sample given on the integration page is too ā€˜optimisticā€™ as it changes directly to Open or Closed when a button is pressed.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tested the config flow with the latest beta and it works like a charm. After the setup it takes some seconds until the integration shows devices but they appear.

Control of the devices works instantly.

One general question:
Iā€™ve am using Overkiz Cloud in my prod system. Can i reconfigure the integration to local api after the official release or is it required to delete the integration and re-add it?

A cosmetic question:
Overkiz Cloud shows a device and model name for my Tahoma Switch

The local integration shows only the device key and no model:

Is that a tiny bug or is it not possible to identify the device name and model with local api?

Thanks again for all your time and effort to make a local API possible!!! I will create a Youtube video about it. Thats my way to contribute to your development and say thank you and hopefully you will get some donations. I hope thats ok for you?

In the first release you will need to remove and add a new config entry. My plan is to allow to set up the local API, which will replace your current config entry. However, adding this local API took over a year due to the limited time I have at the moment, so I just wanted to have an initial version released now :wink: .

The Local API doesnā€™t provided this information indeed :slight_smile:, hope they will add this (and other missing elements) in the future.

here is how I handle it Overkiz API and Somfy API - #1997 by andyblac

1 Like