Owntracks stopped working on upgrade to 0.101

I just upgraded from 0.100 to 0.101.1, and the owntracks integration stopped working. Unfortunately, all my log says is:

2019-11-01 19:51:44 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for owntracks: Unable to import component

Unfortunately, I can’t figure out what component it failed to import. Can someone tell me what might be causing this, or how I can get more information about the failure? Thanks.

I have the same problem. I was hoping 101.2 would fix this because it include this fix: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/28439

The error message did change from 101.1 to 101.2, but owntracks still does not work.

I have created this new issue for this problem:

After upgrading my venv and doing a new installation of 0.101.2 today I’ve come across this issue as well - I use Android + Tasker + Nabu Casa webhooks for my Owntracks integration.

I’ve been able to do a rather ugly workaround to get mine running based on comparison between my old 3.6 venv with 0.100.3 installed and the new 3.7 0.101.2 venv.
I’ve added my comments to the GitHub issue which may / may not work for anyone else (YMMV), however it should help resolution.

1 Like

You may be able to get working again, with this work around: I use the Owntracks android app, but I set it up to hit a webhook to use an automation which publishes to MQTT, so I can use an MQTT device_tracker

My workaround was to add the try and add MQTT integration, you don’t actually have to completely add it, just bringing on the config dialog installs the dependencies so that it all works.

I have had a related issue with hometracks via http: stopping working on upgrade from HA.102.3 to .103.3
Initial report in log:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for owntracks: Unable to import component

Sending message from device resulted in

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Received message for unregistered webhook xxx

even though webhook present in .storage/core.config_entries

Adding owntracks: to configuration.yaml resulted in message

2019-12-22 12:29:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.homeassistant] Component error: owntracks - /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25’ not found (required by /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nacl/_sodium.abi3.so)

Situation fixed by

`pip3 unistall pynacl`
`pip3 install --no-binary :all: pynacl`
arch armv7l
dev false
docker false
hassio false
os_name Linux
python_version 3.7.3
timezone Pacific/Auckland
version 0.103.3
virtualenv true