OZW and Inovelli Switches not working

I added the command class central scene 91 stuff to all my switches in the zwcfg_XXXX.xml and they stick on reboot, but NR isn’t seeing any commands come in. Also HA doesn’t list ozw.scene_activated as an option in the dev tools > services page.

I use only the scene commands to control my lights, so this means my switches are basically non-functional at the moment. New to OZW so maybe I’m missing something.

UPDATE: Just because “ozw.scene_activated” isn’t listed in the events page doesn’t mean it isn’t listening.

When using the “zwave” integration, the event is zwave.scene_activated, not ozw.

I have no “zwave.” services listed, as I’m using open zwave which has these:

zwcfg_XXXX.xml is for OZW 1.4 and the zwave integration so editing it would do nothing at all. For the ozw integration there is nothing to edit.

The event may not be listed but you can still listen to it.

Interesting. How? My old setup in NodeRed was listening for “zwave.scene_activated” and I don’t see an equivalent. I have a debug node attached and it’s not showing anything.

- platform: event
      event_type: ozw.scene_activated

this is the event you’re looking for with OZW, it’s not a service.

Completely forgot events and services were not the same. Thank you.

What do I do if ozw.scene_activated isn’t listed on the event page?

you should be able to just enter it and it’ll catch them

1 Like

So it does!

1 Like

Hi, I know this is an old thread but its the most relevant to the issue I’m having.

I have 2 Inovelli switches which I’m trying to get the scene control to work.

Heres my setup: I have a LZW31-SN dimmer switch in a room with 2 LZW42 bulbs in lamps.

I set up 4 automations in HA:
2x tap up and 2x down to turn on and off 1 bulb;
3x tap up and 3x down to turn on and off the other bulb.

Somehow the automation is getting passed to both lights regardless if I press 2x or 3x. So if I tap 2x to turn on Lamp “A” both Lamp “A” and “B” turn on.
The same for turning them off. :crazy_face:

I triple checked the scene_id and scene_data information in all the automations and the info is unique to each automation.

I checked Developer Tools - Events to see what HA was seeing when I pressed the paddle. I noticed that some of the scenes were “firing” twice but with slightly different data in them. See below:

Event 4 fired 5:50 PM:
{
    "event_type": "ozw.scene_activated",
    "data": {
        "node_id": 15,
        "scene_id": 1,
        "scene_label": "Scene 1",
        "scene_value_id": 0,
        "scene_value_label": "Inactive"
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2020-09-10T00:50:24.876176+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "9cc1fcd4f2ff11eaa33c21e19ee2658d",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}
Event 3 fired 5:50 PM:
{
        "scene_value_id": 5,
        "scene_value_label": "Pressed 3 Times"
    },
    "time_fired": "2020-09-10T00:50:20.130312+00:00",
        "id": "99edd2bbf2ff11ea82bb7963257e654a",
    }
}

Anyone have any insight why I would be having this issue and what are some possibly remedies.

Thanks in advance.

Could you share your automation triggers as well? Do you specify scene_value_id in your triggers? It looks like that ID is what separates ‘pressed 2 times’ from ‘pressed 3 times,’ so if you aren’t specifying it in the triggers ‘event_data’ you may not actually have unique triggers.

Here is the automations:

3x up to turn on Desk Lamp:

event_data:
  node_id: 15
  scene_id: 2
  scene_label: Scene 2
platform: event

3x down to turn off Desk Lamp:

event_data:
  node_id: 15
  scene_id: 1
  scene_label: Scene 1

Somehow the automation is getting passed to both lights regardless if I press 2x or 3x. So if I tap 2x to turn on Lamp “A” both Lamp “A” and “B” turn on.
The same for turning them off.

In addition to this problem that I’ve quoted above, I also have a problem when I do a single tap to turn off the wired ceiling light it will turn off the Desk Lamp.

You need to specify scene_value_id in your trigger.

It looks like your switch is going to send ‘scene_id: 2’ for your ‘on’ button, and ‘scene_id: 1’ for your off button. Now, in addition to this it is going to send a “scene_value_id”, which from your EventListener logs we see is ‘5’ for ‘clicked 3 times.’ Scene_id is ‘which button’, while ‘scene_value_id’ is “how many times was it pressed”.

Your triggers are only looking at ‘which button’ and not ‘how many times.’ Since you want to differentiate based off how many times, you must include this as a criteria.

A simple thing you could do is to just literally copy+paste the ‘event_data’ from the Event Listener after performing the action you want, into the trigger for that action. For example, when you pressed the button 3x you got:

Event 3 fired 5:50 PM:
{
        "scene_value_id": 5,
        "scene_value_label": "Pressed 3 Times"
    },
    "time_fired": "2020-09-10T00:50:20.130312+00:00",
        "id": "99edd2bbf2ff11ea82bb7963257e654a",
    }
}

So, you know this is ‘data’ is exactly what you receive when you press the button 3x. Copy that into what your trigger matches against:

event_data:
  node_id: 15,
  scene_id: 1,
  scene_label: "Scene 1",
  scene_value_id: 5,
  scene_value_label: "Pressed 3 Times"

I don’t believe that the ‘label’ identifiers are necessary, but over-specifying your match shouldn’t hurt.

3 Likes