OZW Error: Increase Network Cache Size?

I just installed the OpenZWave beta integration onto a HassOS NUC system. It’s sort of working. I got into the OpenZWave UI a few times no problem, but when I came back a few hours later and tried to start up the UI, it displays an error message and the OpenZWave daemon crashes:

1. Click on OpenZWave in sidebar
  2. In the box titled Remote OZWDaemon, click the “Start” button
  3. UI displays a message box that reads: "Please increase the Network Cache Size in the Configuration. Current Setting: 1000 Remote Max Records: 1003
  4. Click OK to close the message box and the UI disappears (says “Disconnected” at the top)
  5. At this point the OpenZWave Add-on has crashed and has to be restarted

I haven’t seen Network Cache Size as a configuration option anywhere – any thoughts on how to fix this?

1 Like

Before connecting go to File > Settings, on the 2nd tab increase the value of 1000 to like 5000 or even 10000. I also untick the retrieve all logs on connect, but that’s personal preference.

9 Likes

That did it, thank you!

1 Like

Same problem for me - and @RickKramer’s solution worked - thanks!

Question: how can that be made to ‘stick’ (persist between runs)?

It’s a known issue that it doesn’t persist, yet to be fixed

1 Like

Argh… this is really a very annoying issue!

Because the container/zwave just crashes when forget to increase!

I would just use the Desktop application for now.

I don’t see why that would make a difference:?

It would make a difference if you changed the setting like the error says to. File -> Preferences -> Network.

Sorry it would not. This can be done in all 3 ways:

1. Via the addon plugin via the web interface.
  2. Via vnc interface.
  3. Via the application windows app interface.

All 3 can change this setting and indeed then it opens.

But that was not my point (!)

What’s your point then?

You replied to me, so I don’t get to give the point while I wasn’t making one :rofl:

The network cache setting is local to the application, it has nothing to do with the container if you are using the standalone application.

Not entirely. It might well be local to the app, but for sure crashes my zwave when not set bigger.

Then change the setting to a larger value, in the desktop app, like originally suggested? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes, but if you forget before pressing “open” it crashes :thinking:

The desktop application persists the setting.

Yes, you are right.

Only option 3 save these setting for longer.

Yes please let’s make this better. This is a crashing bug that has to restart the whole OZW container, just by forgetting to change a value nearly every single time.

I would not count on this being fixed anytime soon. Looking at the own repo it doesn’t look like much has been happening there lately.