P1 cable Proxmox NUC cannot connect

I’m running home assistant OS in Proxmox with full USB passtrough. (7.2-4) on a intel NUC
When i try to add my P1 (DSMR) USB Serial convertor it will eventualy time out. (cannot connect)
Manual specify the post doesn’t help
Any help?

@davemenkehorst I had alot of issues with a conbee 2 stick … some times it worked sometimes not…

what you could test - if you have a spare usb3hub somewere … try to have this passed an then attach the ftdi serial adapter…

I had to convert on machine to a dedicated host… just for HA - so did not find an ideal passtrough solution…

sorry

But it looks like it can ‘read’ the device/serial port?

So it’s not possible to use a serial device(like a DSMR) via Pormox passtrough?

It should be, I have multiple USB devices passing through to Hass in a proxmox VM.

Can you show the config? (it’s in /etc/pve/qemu-server )

agent: 1
bios: ovmf
boot: order=scsi0
cores: 2
efidisk0: local-lvm:vm-100-disk-0,size=4M
hotplug: disk,network
memory: 4096
meta: creation-qemu=6.2.0,ctime=1654777177
name: haos8.1
net0: virtio=00:60:2F:29:11:5B,bridge=vmbr0
onboot: 1
ostype: l26
scsi0: local-lvm:vm-100-disk-1,size=64G
scsihw: virtio-scsi-pci
smbios1: uuid=c1f088c3-3c2c-4ff0-858f-439ded9cb19c
usb0: host=2-1
vmgenid: 7ca62d4f-d642-4ecc-8120-32b4d393e39a

and could you got to proxmox then the host then find “monitor” and type info usbhost there?

Type 'help' for help.
# info usbhost
  Bus 2, Addr 3, Port 7, Speed 12 Mb/s
    Class e0: USB device 8087:0a2a
  Bus 2, Addr 2, Port 1, Speed 12 Mb/s
    Class 00: USB device 0403:6001, FT232R USB UART

That looks fine, the only thing I can think of is to try and pass the port by id instead of “full port”. You could give that a try. Delete the USB mapping create a new on and use “Use USB Vendor/Device ID” instead of “Use USB Port” and see if that does work.

Yes i tried al the options. Also on usb 2 ports and usb 3 ports.
Home assistant detects the usb p1 cable just fine. Only it hangs when i try to add it as an DSMR intergration

Little bump. Any DSMR developers around?

A little bit late to the party and also not a developer, but I had exact the same problem and fixed it. In my case it became clear the P1-cable wasn’t fitted correctly to the utility meter. I had a splitter to accomodate for an extra P1-meter from the electricity company (zonneplan). When I was redoing the wiring I found the connection was wobbly. After making sure the connection was OK the P1-integration worked almost instantly. Hope this helps.

I followed this:

proxmox usb

after reboot host and changing usb to “Use USB Vendor/Device ID” it became visible in HA as /dev/ttyUSB.