P1 meter, which one?

Both gateways (P1 and Watermeter) are approx 12 meters away from the access point.
My access point is located in the living room and gataways are located in the meterkast at the end of the hallway.
If you power up the P1 gateway with an external power supply, you can extend the range a little bit.

1 Like

I installed the P1 smartgateway yesterday but I’m unable to fetch data from the meter. All I receive are 0 values, both via mqtt as via the rest api. I changed the firmware to Belgium as I live in Belgium but still no success… Any advice on this?

I’m assuming you are using the “Slimme meter wifi gateway” bought from SmartGateways.nl?

Can you read the values when you enter the smart gateway, using “IP-address:82”

yes that’s the one. The only values I get are 0

REST api call:

{
"mac_address": "C0_49_EF_CF_0E_2C",
"gateway_model": "connectix_smartmeter_gateway_v1.0",
"startup_time": "1970-01-01T02:00:32Z",
"firmware_running": "2022121201",
"firmware_available": "0",
"firmware_update_available": "false",
"wifi_rssi": "-48",
"mqtt_configured": "true",
"mqtt_server": "192.168.0.193",
"blynk_configured": "false",
"Equipment_Id": "",
"GasEquipment_Id": "",
"WaterEquipment_Id": "",
"ElectricityTariff": "",
"EnergyDeliveredTariff1": "0.00",
"EnergyReturnedTariff1": "0.00",
"EnergyDeliveredTariff2": "0.00",
"EnergyReturnedTariff2": "0.00",
"PowerDelivered_total": "0.00",
"PowerReturned_total": "0.00",
"PowerDelivered_l1": "0.00",
"PowerDelivered_l2": "0.00",
"PowerDelivered_l3": "0.00",
"PowerReturned_l1": "0.00",
"PowerReturned_l2": "0.00",
"PowerReturned_l3": "0.00",
"Voltage_l1": "0.00",
"Voltage_l2": "0.00",
"Voltage_l3": "0.00",
"Current_l1": "0.000",
"Current_l2": "0.000",
"Current_l3": "0.000",
"GasDelivered": "0.000",
"WaterDelivered": "0.000",
"GasDeliveredHour": "0.00",
"PowerDeliveredHour": "0.00",
"PowerDeliveredNetto": "0.000"
}

The support page of SmartGateways says this:

Hoe activeer ik de P1 poort van de Slimme Meter? (Alleen voor België)

Het is noodzakelijk om de P1-poort van je elektriciteitsmeter open te stellen en te activeren zodat Slimme Meter WiFi gateway je verbruiksdata voor elektriciteit en aardgas kan uitlezen. Inderdaad, via je elektriciteitsmeter leest de gateway je verbruiksgegevens uit voor zowel elektriciteit als aardgas. Bovendien, zolang de P1-poort niet open en actief is, kan deze je metermodule niet van stroom voorzien en zal de gateway niet starten. Om je P1-poort te activeren, ga naar de website van Fluvius.

Source: Slimme Meter (P1 DSMR) uitlezen met Home Assistant, Homey, Domoticz!

Is your P1 port activated?

Yes it is activated. I’ll try to get the logs from the gateway after a reboot to see if any errors appear.

1 Like

Hello,
I have create a module (with ESP8622) to connect the port1 on belgium counter
I need to test it for the NL version

it create a telnet server and you can connect it with HA.

Hi Benosaurus. Maybe you can find your solution here: Smart meter overview - SmartGateways.nl

If that doesn’t solve your problem you can contact smartgateways support for further assistance. Just fill in the form at the contact page.

hello

is it work for luxembourg smarty ?
and i have encryption key

On this page

it says:

The Smart Meter WiFi Gateway works on all smart meters in:

Netherlands
Belgium
Sweden
Denmark
Finland and
Hungary

No Luxembourg mentioned.

However, lower on the page Luxembourg is mentioned:

Do I need a power supply for the smart meter wifi gateway?

The smart meter wifi gateway uses about 40mA with peaks of 200mA. This means that the gateway works without external power only at meters of DSMR5. Thus, older meters of DSMR version 2 and 4 require the optionally available power supply. Meters in Belgium, Sweden and Luxembourg all provide enough power to run the gateway without a power supply.

I think it is most convenient to send SmartGateways an email to ask this question to the maker.

Will this smart meter replace my Toon? I’m trying to replace my subscription to Toon with a local solution but I’m not sure if this is what I’m looking for.

It will replace your electric consumption meter just fine. I’m not sure, how the gasmeter reading module from Toon will behave without the subscription.

But, it wil not replace the thermostat function of Toon.

You can keep the Toon device, it will stay functioning like a classic dumb thermostat after the subscription cancel. Or replace it by other smart thermostat.

1 Like

I believe there are people writing their own software for Toon devices. I’ve seen someone on Marktplaats offering rooting the Toon as a service. Or maybe you can do it yourself, I don’t know.

https://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewforum.php?f=101

HA integration:

1 Like

I’m also using this device, but I don’t receive data from the Gas consumption meter. Electricity works like a charm.

Before Home Assistant I was using OpenHAB where I could use the MQTT topics.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to recieve gas consumtion data from this smart meter ?

Hi @Pjotr500 and welcome to the forums.

Using the link below allows you to check the MQTT traffic between the P1 smart gateways and HA whether the gas data is also being sent.

Sorry, but I’m on the latest version of Home Assistant. This article isn’t really helpfull for me.
Seems to me, a lot has changed since 2021. The UI in my current system is quite different.

Probably you need to share your code or entity that you use?

I have the one in the picture. I checked the MQTT topics this morning with MQTT.fx
All the topics from other devices, such als Tasmota switches are visible, but I didn’t see the messages from the DSMR.

That was an indication that my SmartGateway reader didn’t communicate with the MQTT broker.
So, I performed a factory reset. This worked and the MQTT topics were visible again.

I used the DSMR integration, but I’m thinking about using the DSMR Reader. This integration provides more data and the (MQTT) readings from my Gas meter are also visible.

I must admit that I’m using Home Assistant for a week now. Last five years, I used OpenHAB, but I had to many technical issues with updates. It seems to me that there are less possibilities with HA, but it’s far more user friendly.

Thanks for your help.

Another option for those peeps who are more hands-on, and for a small fraction of the price, is to use a ESP32 and flash it with firmware like ESPHome with DSMR support or this version by Robin Rosiers. His Github write-up provides sufficient information and additional links to get you going. (I made a slightly customized version because I could not get it to work with my Kaifa DSMR)

If you have a DSMR5 meter it can also/even power your ESP, and all you need additionally is an appropriate RJ12 cable. Unfortunately I still have an older meter, so I’m borrowing power from the nearby solar panel controller box that conveniently has a USB port.