Paid Home Assistant Setup Service available?

Hello there,

I really like the idea of home Assistant but I do not have the time to learn all the details to set it up.

Is there anybody who I could pay so they set it up for me?
I live in Minneapolis, MN.

Thanks in advance.

How much do you have to set up? Are you just talking ‘set up’ or creating automations? Are you willing to pay someone when you need to tweak an automation?

Yeah it seems like a steep learning curve, and it can be, but you’ll be better off learning how to do it yourself.

Initial setup and install is the easy part.

If you don’t know or understand anything about it because you didn’t set it up, then you won’t understand the automations, troubleshooting, or modifications. You won’t understand how to fix things after an update has broken something.

It’s really not a good idea to rely on others for your home assistant configuration and setup.

1 Like

I set up Home Assistant as a favor for a friend for letting me crash at her place. I also wanted to see how long a Home Assistant instance can stay up, free of version updates or additional components that would break Home Assistant (normally). It did not last very long, maybe about a week before a power outage knocked it offline.

I definitely agree with the others–Home Assistant is something you need to manage yourself unfortunately. Things break often, and making small customizations to your instance is time-consuming. I don’t think you want to pay someone for all those hours of support. I teach people how to use Home Assistant, but unfortunately they don’t get very far because they aren’t committed. It’d be nice if Home Assistant/Raspberry Pi could handle power outages and SD card failures better, as that is causing a lot of trouble for my friends.

Thank you all for weighing in and sharing your opinion.

I really do not have the time to do it myself, and I need something that works reliably. Sounds like I need to look into something like Control 4 or Elan G etc because it has to work. I understand that I will have to do maintenance and updates but if it goes down after a week without an update due to a power outage, I do not think this is the right option for me.

It thought it would be fantastic if someone here would offer a service and maintenance package, and I was curious if someone did…
Thanks for your help.

@dwinnn crazy, that sucks it went down after a week. I set mine up on a P3. I stopped doing anything. The only thing I did was setup a reboot schedule for HA. It ran for months without me even touching it, power outages and everything. I never had to touch the P3 or anything. I just recently started working on it again, but it’s been super stable.

My setup was simple, just managing lights but it has and worked great.

1 Like

In my 2+ years working with home automation platforms, I’ve yet to find one that just works. More complexity equals more maintenance. Control4, Elan, Savant, Crestron, all require occasional attention. As technology changes, systems need to adapt.

If DIY isn’t for you, find a dedicated, well-regarded resource. Reliable support for a professionally-installed system is hard to come by.

To be fair those Home Automations System you list have little support due to little web documentation (all require you pay for classes to get documentation or pay for support)

I think getting support for HA or any of the ecosystems (smart things, Nest/Google, Ring/Amazon) may be easier over time since these are documented on web.

Good Morning, i used this guy. He was good, kind and he dosen’t ask too much money

https://www.fiverr.com/ippo1000

Thankfully, 3,5 years later Home Assistant is way easier to handle and much more stable :wink:

1 Like

And if you take into account that those supporting are 95% (or more?) doing this free of charge…it is even more remarkable.