Pairing Enerwave Z-Wave Plus ZWN-RSM1 and Z-Stick Gen 5

when you paired it, did you just pair against one of the switches, or did you have to do something with both switches / relays?

Given this zwave setup,

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/zwave
  config_path: /usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.2-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config
  device_config: !include zwave_device_config.yaml

would I put the manufacturer config file in the config_path, or is it just an entry in teh zwave_device_config.yaml file?

Well now I feel really stupid. I have 4 of the enerwave two relay units, and apparently one Vision ZL7432 In-Wall Switch, Dual Relay. Guess which one I’ve been fighting with for the past three days. I’ll give you a hint, it’s not the one in the subject of the email.

So back to the beginning, does anyone have any experience with the Vision ZL7432 In-Wall Switch, Dual Relay? It’s basically the same thing as the enerwave unit. I’m trying re-pairing it again today to see what happens. Maybe the stars are aligned right today.

I have my Enerwave setup on my garage door now. ( Yes I am sure ). When I paired it, only one devices showed up, not three as expected. I went into the zwave screen in HA, pulled up that entity, went into the grouping pulldown and associated it to itself and selected a grouping of 3. This got me all three devices as expected and they sort of work. It may be after each restart of the application, or it may be every so often (I’ve been restarting a lot the past few days), but the zwave device shows up as dead. If I turn it on and off physically a few times, it seems to wake up and things start working. Until I do that though, nothing I do to that switch through HA does anything. I basically have no idea what I am doing here. Can someone explain what I should do to get the switch to behave normally and consistently under the current version of HA.

I don’t know that I have anything to offer, but I had a switch that kept going dead. Restart HA and I could maybe get another day. I re-paired it a dozen times.
The switch wasn’t necessary a long way from other devices or HA but lots of odd walls in the way. I added a couple of Zwave bulbs closer to the switch and it has been solid ever since. The bulbs were $17 at Amazon.

I have a couple of places where I have had to add some smart outlets like that to get coverage. But this one has 4 zwave switches that are rock solid within easy eyeshot (20 ft) of it and it’s only one sheetrock wall between it and the HA server and it’s zstick. I don’t know if it’s an issue with these type of devices and HA/openzwave or if it’s an issue with the devices going bad, but all of mine started giving me trouble when I switched to HA for my zwave hub…

Metal electrical boxes somewhat shielding the switches??? I’m out.

Nope, standard blue plastic boxes. There is actually even a GE smart switch in the same box (4 gang box). It’s a pretty tight fit in there. :slight_smile: And the GE switch works fine. Once the Enerwave wakes up, it works like a champ, it’s just getting it to pay attention after restarts that’s tricky.

Just an interesting tidbit. The switch that went dead for me was an Enerwave switch and that had been replaced by Enerwave because the earlier one went dead and couldn’t be revived.

Hi, would you please explain how you accomplished the below? What does your configuration entry look like and what is the path of the manufacturer_specific.xml file? Thank you.

“I ended up using this as a custom entry and modifying the appropriate entry in the manufacturer_specific.xml file in my openzwave config path.”

I have moved to a different server since I posted that, and have not had to apply the fix so I’m afraid I no longer have the details.

The files were in the python_openzwave folder if I remember right.

No worries, it looks like the latest version of home assistant didn’t require any work around. I simply paired with z stick z wave and everything worked. Both switch showed up.