Panasonic Comfort Cloud to control Heatpumps and Airconditions

Thanks for the quick reply.

I didn’t even give myself time to consider seperate logins but of course that’s the solution. Thanks.
Probably the update problem will be fixed as well but I will let you know.

Toband

Hi again,

A separate login for HA sorted both issues. Thanks.

toband

Anyone else getting errors in the log?

I can provide full stack trace if needed but the error seems to be:
ValueError: 5 is not a valid AirSwingLR

Actually, Panasonic’s servers are a bit of a pain to work with, they seem to have implemented some kind of rate limiting. Those roor in the logs comes from server throwing 500 error code randomly. Everything works flawlessly at my side but I have random Exception not caught from time to time. I’ll check to see if I can implement some kind of helper function to always try to catch exception from the underlying library used.

Also there is some shenanigans with AirSwing Value that I still don’t get. The auto mode start at the value of -1 in the constants of the library, I think that hassio starts the list at 0. So the list go from -1 to 4 where hassio try to set it from 0 to 5. Which means that when you set it to the value 5, an error is thrown, and all of your Swing mode are wrongly set.

If you can try and change line 230 of custom component from
airSwingVertical = constants.AirSwingUD[swing_mode]
to
airSwingVertical = constants.AirSwingUD[swing_mode - 1]
And check from the app that you are setting the correct swing mode it would be nice.

Thanks a lot for the feedback I will test that and let you know.

The climate component wouldn’t load into HASS when I had this error. What I did notice was that this was when I had the Airswing (Left-Right) set to this value

Changing it to the middle one - the climate component loads just fine into HASS.

I need the Air swing set to this value because of the location of the pump so a fix would be great. I’ll test your suggestion first. :grinning:

When changing custom component from:
airSwingVertical = constants.AirSwingUD[swing_mode]
to
airSwingVertical = constants.AirSwingUD[swing_mode - 1]

it didn’t help (unable to load component into HASS)… but

Changing line 371 in session.py in pccomfortcloud (under deps)
value['airSwingHorizontal'] = constants.AirSwingLR(parameters['airSwingLR'])
till
value['airSwingHorizontal'] = constants.AirSwingLR(parameters['airSwingLR'] -1)

Makes the component load without errors when I have this swing mode set.

There’s no actual need for me to be able to change swing mode from HASS - enough with speed and temperature. :slight_smile:

Thanks for developing this, i just installed a unit this week and this component is working perfectly.

One thing I am wondering, I am not getting any visible data from temperatureOutside. Is it possible to get this to display in the attributes?

I’m also keen on this but I was wondering if really a Multiple Platform implementation (https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/en/creating_component_generic_discovery.html) would be the way to go, then expose the outside temperature as a sensor. This would also allow exposing other settings like quiet mode as switches too. What do you think? I might fork the current GitHub repo and have a play soon.

Looks like this implementation is going to break in v0.96. https://developers.home-assistant.io/blog/2019/07/03/climate-cleanup.html
Looks like adding Eco mode might be easier done.

@infors Not sure if the upcoming changes will assist with the temperature, but I will happily help out with this (although my python skills are near zero)

That’s great info, thanks @garmck - I think I’ll hold fire on looking at any potential changes to the already great work from @shyne99 until 0.96 gets out of beta and then see what can be done.

It looks like 0.96 broke this integration… I updated just now and I get this error when checking my configuration:
“Platform not found: climate.panasonic_ac”

Edit:
This guy (fork) is working in the right direction although it’s not working yet in my case.

Edit2:
Looks like it’s fixed. Boy do I love HA and it’s community

1 Like

Hi,
I want to thank the community for this project.
But since version 0.96.1 I have a problem with air conditioning (previous version worked communication without a problem). see log HA. Can you give me advice on what I do wrong or where is the problem?

2019-07-24 10:35:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 365, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_update_ha_state()
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 226, in async_update_ha_state
self._async_write_ha_state()
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 249, in _async_write_ha_state
state = self.state
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/climate/init.py”, line 155, in state
return self.hvac_mode
File “/config/custom_components/panasonic_ac/climate.py”, line 165, in hvac_mode
return self.get(ATTR_HVAC_MODE)
AttributeError: ‘PanasonicDevice’ object has no attribute ‘get’

I have the exact same error and I am running HA 96.5 with the updated panasonic_ac component from SeraphimSerapis.

Also would appreciate assistance as I haven’t had time to dig deeper into this matter.

(Update - it works now with updated files).

hi guys,
does this work specifically with CZ-TACG1
cz-tacg1
is this solution need to go through panasonic server or local network?
what is the advantage over using RM mini3 or RM pro?
thanks

It uses the Panasonic Comfort Cloud app api
so afaik it goes through Panasonic’s servers, not local network.

I assume that if it works in Panasonic’s Comfort Cloud App (which the CZ-TACG1 does), it should work with this component.

Great job on this component!
When will it become an official (included) component?

I use those same adapter, and I have two of them.It works flawlessly.
Cloud is mandatory as there is other channel to communicate with the module other than throught the cloud.

For me, I experienced a lot of desync with universal remote for HVAC. the fact that the remote send the entire state of HVAC unit can produce desync between controller and the unit if it did not receive the message correctly.

I had a lot of broken automation (like power off not going through and i kept the HVAC ON an entire weekend…).

I’ll had to it that there is also not feedback with his kind of solution, you can’t interogate the uit to know its state, which is a nogo also for me.

With the CZ-TACG1, You can trigger state update, and always be in think with the unit, no matter what.

A’ll add that, If you want to integrate them, I advise to create two account in your app, one for you, and an other for HA, where you share the unit between accounts.

Can you give more information about that “other channel”? Is it possible to communicate with the module directly through LAN? If so, is there any document describing the protocol?
I’m in the market for AC units and one of the main requirements is for me to be able to automate it through HA.

This is great! think i got everything configured, but how do i show the card in lovelace?

Hello Magnus!

Try this one: https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/thermostat/
That works for me.