Panasonic Comfort Cloud to control Heatpumps and Airconditions

Thanks, but what do you type in entity: ?
Can you show your lovelace code for that section?

Hello!

You should have an entity named climate.nameofyourheatpump.

/Reik

My bad, just needed another restart and now i have!
Thanks for the help!
This should be put up on HACS

1 Like

The big advantage of using this component over the RM Pro is that changes made with a remote or via the Panasonic app will show in Home Assistant. Using the RM Pro relies in Infrared and if you use the Panasonic remote it will not show the correct settings in Home Assistant. Another advantage is the Panasonic Comfort Cloud is directly connected to the AirCon / Heat Pump unit so no need to try and get line of site between the RM Pro and the aircon indoor unit.
The disadvantage of this component is that it does rely on the cloud and therefore is not full local control. If your internet goes down, you lose your automations for your unit.

Would love to see this component in HACS or even pushed as an official HA component

Could anybody please walk me through setting this up?

I’m running HA in docker on a Synology NAS.
I have Comfort Cloud connected to 2 AC devices and logged in on my iOS device. I created a second login and shared access to the AC devices with this.

Inside my HA config directory (same folder as where my configuration.yaml file exists) I created /custom_components/panasonic_ac/ and copied the 3 .py and .json files here.

I added…

climate:
  - platform: panasonic_ac
    username: !secret user
    password: !secret password

…to my config and saved the additional login details to the secrets file.

After rebooting HA I don’t see any new climate control entities available or anything named panasonic_ac.

I tried replacing the login details with my main ones and rebooting HA again, and notice that if I run my iOS app it hasn’t logged me out of there like I would expect it to if the HA instance was logging in to the cloud server successfully.

I’ve also tried downloading the python-panasonic-comfort-cloud module to my laptop and executing this from the command line, but all I get outputted from this is a popup window in Atom with…

""" Command line interface for Panasonic Comfort Cloud """
from pcomfortcloud import __main__
__main__.main()

Should HA automatically detect the 2 AC units linked to Comfort Cloud once it has successfully logged in, or do I need to add the entities myself under the climate platform?
Is there any other way to test if it is successfully linking? Thank you

@djbulsink

i get the following error message in the logs. I can see that the token is wrong. But i have used the user name and password that i login to my mobile app (email address and password):

Logger: homeassistant.components.climate
Integration: Climate (documentation, issues)
First occured: 11:05:37 AM (1 occurences)
Last logged: 11:05:37 AM

Error while setting up panasonic_ac platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 179, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/home/hass/homeassistant/custom_components/panasonic_ac/climate.py”, line 71, in setup_platform
api.login()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pcomfortcloud/session.py”, line 97, in login
with open(self._tokenFileName, ‘w’) as tokenFile:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/.panasonic-token’

I just wanted say that I have created different custom component for Panasonic Cloud devices that has some additional features like:

• Nanoe switch
  • Inside temperature sensor
  • Outside temperature sensor

It can be found over at my github: https://github.com/sockless-coding/panasonic_cc
It can be added as a custom HACS repository (I haven’t added it to the defaults yet)

3 Likes

Hello, i’m using this component but when I logged in, in confort cloud app it logged out.
Is there a way to be logged in both sides? Thanks

You need to create two users in comfort cloud. One for your app and one for homeassistant.

Many thanks @Reik

Not working anymore since the Home Assistant 0.115.0 update!

Nah, there seems to be an issue with the comfort cloud website.

You can change the version of pcomfortcloud to 0.0.16. This can be done in /config/custom_components/panasonic_ac/manifest.json. That helped me and mine looks like this now:
“requirements”: [“pcomfortcloud==0.0.16”]

1 Like

Thank You @Reik :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

this morning when I restarted Home Assistant I got the following error for panasonic climate cloud:
Logger: homeassistant.components.climate
Source: custom_components/panasonic_ac/climate.py:71
Integration: Klimat (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:14:25 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:14:25

Error while setting up panasonic_ac platform for climate

Traceback (most recent call last): 
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 193, in _async_setup_platform await asyncio.shield(task)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/config/custom_components/panasonic_ac/climate.py", line 71, in setup_platform api.login() 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pcomfortcloud/session.py", line 103, in login self._get_groups() 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pcomfortcloud/session.py", line 153, in _get_groups raise ResponseError(response.status_code, response.text) pcomfortcloud.session.ResponseError: Invalid response, status code: 502 - Data: <html> <head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head> <body> <center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx</center> </body> </html>

Anybody have the same problem?

Seems to be solved, now it works again :slight_smile:

What an unstable mess. The app sucks, the HA integrations fails… (probably panasonics fault)

I tried removing the integration and then adding it again but I get “Unexpected error creating device.”

Logging in to the comfort cloud website still works: https://csapl.pcpf.panasonic.com/Account/Top/

My integration did the same

Had the same issue. Seems like Panasonic changed something, so the login by the pcomfortcloud module fails. It’s fixed now in pcomfortcloud (https://github.com/lostfields/python-panasonic-comfort-cloud/issues/33), updating this components dependency to version 0.0.17 of pcomfortcloud in manifest.json fixed it for me.

Thanks for that! Got it working again :slight_smile:

Hello,
Everytime there’s an update on panasonic cc on HACS, my thermostat on homekit stops (no answer).
I have to make the update to make it work again, is it normal?
Thanks