Panasonic Viera - Examples (Share Your Scripts)

Hi,

Having enabled the integration, and then managed to get the following script to work with my Panasonic Viera TV (55FZ952b); it made me wonder what other Panny/HASS scripts/automations do people have in use out there.

So, if you’re willing to help - please feel free to reply and share your Viera code examples in the thread below.

# On execution, switch the screen over to the built in web browser and load the specified URL
panny_url:
    alias: "Show me a url"
    sequence:
      - service: media_player.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: media_player.panasonic_viera_tv
      - service: media_player.play_media
        data:
          media_content_type: "url"
          media_content_id: http://www.google.co.uk
      - delay:
          seconds: 5
      - service: media_player.media_stop
        data:

Can you show me the purpose of this script? What it does?

As this particular script fires up the built in web browser, and loads a url on the screen, there a many different use cases. - a couple of which are below…

1. if you had a network camera and motion sensor covering a particular area, via automation if the motion sensor was tripped, it could fire up the browser and show you the camera video feed on your tv
  2. If you were waiting for an update to occur to a particular website, you could add a trigger to fire up than web page at a particular date/time.

Ok, thanks, very interesting… where i can find examples about it more than the one you posted?

Any idea how to fix the issue that media_player.media_stop isn’t working anymore?
Normally this would close the browser on the panasonic tv… I use this script to display the camera at my frontdoor when the doorbell rings… picture is displayed fine but browser is not closed…
This function was working but I thing that after an update of viera this is not working anymore.

Hi all,

I just managed to integrate the panasonic viera into HA using the integration. The reason why I did this is to capture the on vs off state of the TV (to be used in a Bayesian Sensor). Unfortunately, when the tv is in standby (we always use the remote, going to sleep, to put the tv in standby), it still remains as state ‘ON’. Is this normal, is there no state idle to capture ? or Off ?

Thanks in advance,

Kr,

Bart

Same here. I have 2 Veira TV’s showing always on as state: