Panel_iframe for configurator

Thanks! It worked perfect for me!

configuration.yaml, under HTTP: you have “api_password:” that you can use.

now the tab is asking for a username and password, existing credentials not working

but still accesable via addon.

on the addon page is this

my yaml file has this as you advised, but nothing happened, did i write it wrong ?

http:
  api_password: "1234"

have you tested with login: admin password: 1234 ?
reboot HA and test again.

many attempt and many reboots… no luck…

don’t know how to change the password now because the config part of the add-on is no longer there…

its weird how it there via add-on but not via the tab in iframe

The addon now uses your home assistant username and password

1 Like

Thanks so much … it worked …

was that information in the update notes?

Checking this issue with the release 3.1 the configuration is changed:

panel_custom:
  - name: hassio-main
    sidebar_title: Configurator
    sidebar_icon: hass:settings
    js_url: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js
    url_path: configurator
    embed_iframe: true
    require_admin: true
    config:
      ingress: core_configurator
2 Likes

You’re solution worked perfectly for me with the configurator. Do you know how to get the corresponding url for the node red add-on, which is also using ingress. I have exactly the same problem with a double panel as above for the configurator.

Same experience with Node-RED here.

If you open the addon settings it will show you in the address bar the URL you need to use for that addon for the ingress: setting. It might have letters and numbers in it. It might look like xxxxxx_node-red or something like that. The URL_path is where the side panel tries to open when you tap on it. It might be node-red or something like that. The other settings seem to be common to all addons. I am using ingress with configurator, ssh & Web terminal and vscode addons.

I found the Node-red url that works with panel iframe using the following method.

1. Open Node-red from the add on page under web ui.
  2. In your browser (in my case Safari) find the corresponding to the following:
    a. Open develop menu
    b. Select web inspector
    c. In the inspector select the document tab
    d. Under name there are is a list some having a long complex string. Right click the string and select copy url.
  3. Go back to configuration.yaml
  4. Paste the url you copied as the url in your panel iframe configuration for Node-red.
2 Likes

Just an update from the official blog:

For the upcoming Home Assistant 0.92 release, we will be adding support to add links to your add-ons to the Home Assistant sidebar via a toggle on the add-on details page. The link will open the add-on Ingress interface, embedding the add-on in the Home Assistant UI. This will make it look and feel like a single system.

After upgrading the add-on, my panel_iframe doesn’t work anymore.
This is related to the question above. Once you enable direct access again, your iFrame panel will start working again. Until the automated panel integration lands in 0.92, you can also manually add a panel that points at Ingress.

Check my previous post for the manual configuration.

I cannot access the add-on via Ingress using the Tor Browser or Firefox.
We found a last minute issue impacting Firefox based browsers (including the Tor Browser). There are some issues accessing add-ons that use WebSockets. We have identified the issue and expect it to be solved with the release of Home Assistant 0.91.4.

2 Likes

I still can not get it to work. I have this in my config:

configurator:
    title: Configurator
    icon: mdi:wrench
    url: 'http://192.168.0.110:8123/api/hassio_ingress/xxx/'

xxx replace my key for now. I still get a 401 when I rebooted my system. How can I get it to work?

Are you an admin?

Any user assigned the role of “user” does not have access to configuration or the hassio panel at all. You have to be administrator. It is using SSO and when you open this new ingress version of configurator you are signing in with whatever admin you are currently signed in with.

Yes, my account is an admin account.

I need to access the configurator first through the hassio addon webui. When I have done that, the menu option in the panel works. Before that I Still get the 401 error.

I run hass.io on a pi. Version is 0.91.3

Iam having the same issue. If I open webui once the iframe works …

I use

panel_custom:

• name: hassio-main
    config:

that works without problems

Got it working too. Found the solution in an other topic.

Share a link please, thanks

@NicoBijl

panel_custom:
  - name: hassio-main
    config: