Panel_iframe for configurator

Yeah I saw that but @lifelogger said he found a solution in another channel…

I need a solution for all other iframes… VS code, ESP Home, Portainer, Node red etc. Guess I just have to wait for the next release :wink:

You could wait, or just reuse the same code… This is for VSCode:

- name: hassio-main
    sidebar_title: Visual Studio Code
    sidebar_icon: mdi:visual-studio-code
    js_url: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js
    url_path: vscode
    embed_iframe: true
    require_admin: true
    config:
      ingress: a0d7b954_vscode

The other ones you can figure out too, just go to the hassio page, click on the addon’s “Open Web UI” page, and see what’s at the end of the url. That goes in the “ingress: XXXXX” part of the custom panel code.

As per what @Silicon_Avatar said… there is no ‘fix’ you just need to see what to add and it’s pretty simple - use the configurator one as a guide.

This worked for me for the configurator:

panel_custom:
  - name: hassio-main
  sidebar_title: Configurator
  sidebar_icon: mdi:wrench
  js_url: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js
  url_path: configurator
  embed_iframe: true
  config:
    ingress: "core_configurator"
1 Like

WIth the 0.92 is not necessary to add the panel_custom in the configuration file.

Just go the add-on details page and use the toggle Show in Sidebar.
The Configurator will be added to the menu.

6 Likes

Handy.

Hopefully a check config button gets added to the configurator header. It would be so much easier than switching tabs from configurator — configuration → check config button.

Can anyone tell me how to to link to an internal page of Home Assistant using iFrame without the sidebar and header being duplicated? I want place a link in the sidebar to take me to the ZHA configuration page, but I end up with the whole page including header and sidebar embedded within.

# iFrame Panel integration
panel_iframe:
  zha:
    title: Zigbee
    url: http://192.168.0.40:8123/config/zha/dashboard
    icon: mdi:zigbee

Is there a URL I can use to just point it at the internal part of the page?

1 Like

Panel Redirect can be used to accomplish this. Hopefully this will help someone and it will be added to the core of Home Assistant at some point in the future with no need to seek this out.