Pass Amazon Smart Thermostat info to HA

I have two Amazon branded smart thermostats and while I can control the thermostats via the Alexa media integration. have not been able to figure out a way to pass thermostat information back to HA. Has anyone been able to do this?

I have seen several topics regarding this discussion but no one seems to have a solution.

I have several workarounds possible such as a getting an H&T sensor or just simply changing the thermostats to something supported by HA. I would prefer to not have to buy more equipment though.

You can connect your Amazon thermostat to Home Assistant with Homebridge: https://homebridge.io/

After you have Homebridge up and running, add the Alexa Smarthome plugin and use it to add the Amazon thermostat to Homebridge: GitHub - joeyhage/homebridge-alexa-smarthome: Connect Alexa devices to HomeKit

The thermostat should now show up as a HomeKit device on your network. Use the HomeKit Device integration in Home Assistant to add the thermostat as an Apple HomeKit device. The thermostat will then be fully integrated in Home Assistant. It works really well.

I even took it a step further and used the Google Assistant integration in Home Assistant to add the thermostat to Google Home, which enables voice control from Google Assistant. So Alexa>Homebridge>HomeKit> Home Assistant>Google Home. Matter support would be nice but oh well. :joy: