Passive BLE Monitor integration (Xiaomi Mijia BLE MiBeacon monitor)

Please look at this post. Often all problems with these sensors are solved by their activation in the official application and firmware update.

Thanks I see where I went wrong when adding to lovelace I used the same nameing convention I was just using ā€˜bā€™ instead of ā€˜battā€™. whats your knowledge on other bluetooth stuff I have some xiaomi window/door sensors and I used a usb bluetooth dongle ā€˜Nortekā€™ but a couple seem to be just out of range any way to increase bluetooth signal strength?

As far as I know, door and window sensors in the Xiaomi ecosystem are ZigBee-devices, you cannot receive data from them using a bluetooth dongle.

All my knowledge of the Xiaomi ecosystem (regarding bluetooth) is limited to the list of devices supported by my component.

Some methods for expanding bluetooth coverage are described in our FAQ.

Hi thanks for this tip, it worked after updating the miflora hardware.

For any having the same issue as me, im running a chinese ā€œlockedā€ version of the miflora, so i wasnt able to update though the normal ā€œflower careā€ app, eventhough setting it to china.
So i installed the ā€œmi homeā€ app, in settings set it to ā€œchinaā€ and then i was able to pair it within mi-home, and update it :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

1 Like

my mistake it is a ZigBee USB controler but while checking logs I found Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: custom_components.mitemp_bt.sensor
Source: custom_components/mitemp_bt/sensor.py:654
First occurred: April 7, 2020, 8:21:13 PM (912 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:22:36 AM

• token: 3e2a0201
  • nonce: 2bfb0d38c1a45b05eb65a604
  • encrypted_payload: 930e003c6765a6043e2a0201
  • cipherpayload: 930e003c67
  • Decryption failed for A4C1380DFB2B, decrypted payload is None
    Should I worry about this

This is a decryption error message.
As a rule, it says that the key specified in the encryptors option is not suitable for decryption.

That is, you have the wrong key for the sensor with the address A4C1380DFB2B.

Before you take action, make sure that this error continues to be repeated at the moment. Maybe it was relevant only during your experiments?

0.6.5 version released.

Changes:

• support for JQJCY01YM Xiaomi Honeywell Formaldehyde Sensor
    (about 50 messages per minute total: temperature + humidity + formaldehyde + battery level)
  • decimals: 1 by default (instead of decimals: 2 )
  • some multithreading optimizations
1 Like

All my sensors are working fine but I donā€™t know if it is related but all my Amazon echo devices became unavailable so I deleted the integration for Alexa_media and redid it but none of my echo devices were discovered

As far as I can see, this integration does not use bluetooth, it is a cloud-based integration. Therefore, I think the problem is not related to the component discussed here.

BUT!
If the problem appeared after updating the component to 0.6.4, then update it again to 0.6.5.
Almost immediately after 0.6.4, I released 0.6.5, which fixes problems with HA loading on some systems. The problem is very strange, was absent on my systems, but several users wrote about the problem at once, so make sure you have 0.6.5.

Thanks a lot, you helped me on solving the issue !! Very appreciated ! Thanks

Just to make sure, there is nothing device specific that needs to be added to the configuration for HHCCJCY01 (MiFlora)? I have tried settings this up multiple times but no sensors are detected. I followed steps 2-6 carefully (as step 1 is not needed and not possible? on Hass.io)

So far, I was only successful with the MiFlora integration.

You donā€™t need to add anything special to the configuration for MiFlora sensor.
Most often, MiFlora does not work out of the box for two reasons:

• it is not added to the official app;
  • old firmware;

Pay attention to this post and further on the link in it.

Updating the firmware through the MiFlora app solved it! I connected via the MiHome app and there was no mention of an update. Thanks for the response.

Hello. I am using the add-on for quite sometime now and thank you for that!
In the last 1 or 2 weeks I face problem of sensors being unavailable.
I have HHCCJCY01 and LYWSDCGQ type of sensors.
What can I do to see what is wrong? I havenā€™t cahnged anything in sensor.yaml file

- platform: mitemp_bt
    rounding: True
    decimals: 1
    period: 60

And just to be sure let me ask somethingmore in order to clarify it.
For HHCCJCY01 what should I have in yaml file? Only the above is enough for both HHCCJCY01 and LYWSDCGQ or I should add the below

- platform: miflora

or

- platform: miflora
    mac: 'X:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX'
    name: Mi Flora
    force_update: false
    monitored_conditions:
      - moisture
      - light
      - temperature
      - conductivity
      - battery

You donā€™t need to add the miflora integration to the configuration. As @Magalex answered to my previous question, check out this post. Youā€™ll need to add these devices to their official apps, which is the Flower Care app for HHCCJCY01 and probably just the MiHome app for LYWSDCGQ. Update the firmware of your devices through their apps and that should do the trick.

Have done all of these but I get data from LYWSDCGQ but nothing after half an hour now from HHCCJCY01.
I will do it from the beggining and if needed I will post again.
Thx for your reply! At least I know I am at the correct pathā€¦ :wink:

Has anyone managed to get regular updates from the CGG1? Iā€™m getting about 1 per hour at the moment.
I tried to get an app to connect with, but there isnā€™t one called MiHome (on Google Play). Thereā€™s one with that name from Energenie, but I assume thatā€™s not the one. Thereā€™s one called Xiaomi Home, which I assume is the one people are talking about, the CGG1 isnā€™t listed as one of the devices. I found my LYWSDCGQ on there, but thatā€™s already working fine anyway.
I found the QingPing + app and that finds my device and I managed to update the firmware using it, but I still donā€™t get regular updates from the sensor.

How far this sensor from your HA host? What is the typical RSSI attribute value for it?

It is still worthwhile to devote some time to our FAQ - here are typical problems with reception.

I did not have a single review about the effect of the firmware version in the case of the CGG1 sensor.

Also, the location of the sensor itself affects the quality of reception - make sure there are no sources of electromagnetic radiation or large metal objects next to it.