Passive BLE Monitor integration

Sorry if I missed anything, but ever since I upgraded my HA Supervisor to the latest version, all my temp bluetooth devices stopped working in HA.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:317
First occurred: 18:30:37 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 18:30:37

Unable to prepare setup for platform ble_monitor.sensor: Platform not found (cannot import name ‘VOLT’ from ‘homeassistant.const’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/const.py)).

Even tried a system wide reboot.

Versie core-2021.9.6
Type installatie Home Assistant Supervised
Ontwikkeling false
Supervisor true
Docker true
Gebruiker root
Virtuele omgeving false
Python-versie 3.9.6
Besturingssysteem Linux
Versie van het besturingssysteem 5.4.0-1042-raspi
CPU-architectuur aarch64
Tijdzone Europe/Amsterdam

Using 3x lywsd03mmc. All sensors no longer work.

You need to upgrade BLE monitor to fix this issue.

Thanks. But it appeared that the BLE add-on (rep) no longer existed. Neither were any of my other HACS addons for some reason. Wonder what removed it.

Looks more like an issue with HACS. BLE monitor is available in HACS by default.

Hello,

Thanks you for your excellent HA component and all your efforts.

I have some BLE devices which can’t be covered by Bluetooth stick from location of the server, now I use ESPHome components like this in order to send measurement to HA, but I should always think which ESP device can cover which BLE device.

I thinking to implement BLE advertisement gateway as ESPHome component which will pass all BLE advertisement from defined MACs to the HA, the question is if it’s will be possible to send this data into Passive BLE Monitor as binary advertisement packet? What do you think about this idea? I already have some experience with ESPHome BLE and I think I can manage to do it.

Thanks in advance.

I think something like this could be possible, but you/we will have to write some code that is listening to the incoming data, of course. BLE monitor now only listens with the Bluetooth radio, this has to be extended with something that listens to incoming network data. The translation of the incoming data can be done in the same way as the RAW BLE advertisement, as we do no, that part should be easy.

I plan to send this data into HA as event from ESPHome with data encoded in hex or base64, and when pass it to BLE Monitor using service call. Sure I should create this service in BLE Monitor to accept this data and pass it to internal queue as RAW BLE. If you help me with sketch of such service I will be very happy. Just to be sure, if few ESP will receive same advertisement and pass it to BLE Monitor it’s will not make a problems?

Thanks for making this available. I had lots of trouble with enabling bluetooth and BLE on my Odroid to connect to my plant sensor from HHCC (XIoami equivalent?). Now, with this and an Asus BT400 Bluetooth USB adapter, I get the same information the Flower Care app gets integrated within Home Assistant!

No, that should not be a problem, the BLE parser is filtering out duplicates, based on a packet ID. Most sensors (like Xiaomi’s) send a packet ID. I think it is best to create an issue on github to discuss this further. The parser is expecting hex.

Thanks for making this available, I’d tried and failed to get my Oria temperature and humidity sensor to work with my RPI zero w before and it worked straight away with this, I’m now going to play around and see how much range I can get and will be upgrading to a pi4 with SSD in future so will then see how I get on with using the add on to connect home assistants together :grin:

Here’s the device, it passively broadcasts and doesn’t encrypt so was easy to setup

ORIA Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer, [Upgraded 35m Range] Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Humidity Temperature Sensor with Pair Button, Data Export and Alarm Push Notification for Greenhouse, Babyroom, Christmas

1 Like

Hi there,

Tried ESPHome custom components with my three RTCGQ02LM Motion sensors without luck but stumbled across this integration and they were immediately picked up using both the integrated Bluetooth in my NUC and an external dongle. I don’t however seem to be getting the battery level. Is that a known issue from these Motion Sensors?

HA version core-2021.9.6
BLE version 5.3.2

FYI, the only method that worked for me to extract the bind keys was the modded Mi Home app using an old version (6.1.701.63411). Neither the Xiaomi Cloud Tokens Extractor or the TelinkFlasher worked.

Battery info is updated/broadcasted less frequently, give it 24 hours.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I’ll kick back and see what happens.

Release 5.5.2

5.5.2 has been released with support for BlueMaestro tempo disc sensors.

Hi, since last upgrde from yesterday to 5.5.2 my Xiaomi LYWSD03MMC values are not updated to HA anymore (other BLE sensors as Mi Scale V2 yes), anyone else with this issues? Just to know if its related or is just other stuff…
thanks!

@josechu I have not experienced issues myself. Are you using ATC firmware or stock firmware? There should not have been a change in 5.5.2 that affects LYWSD03MMC sensors, afaik.

Im using stick firmware in LYWSD03MMC, anyway… I would like to put the cutom firmware to avoid encryption issues, as with custom firm the sensors sent info in plain as far as i Know.
Bt im having issues to put the cutom firmware with the tool, any other method? i svan see the device, click connect… and it just doesnt connect :frowning:

Regarding the issue with stock firmware, probably your encryption key has changed. This can happens when you use the above mentioned tool to connect or when you readd it to MiHome. Just double check your encryption key.

Regarding the webtool, I normally use this one TelinkMiFlasher. More info and firmware on this webpage https://github.com/pvvx/ATC_MiThermometer. Make sure you follow the link to enable BT in your browser

Hmmmm, maybe thats the reason and the key has changed.
When I try to connect to them again… it just doesnt work:

4:28:20 PM: Searching for devices
4:28:22 PM: Connecting to: LYWSD03MMC

Ive tried reseting the device (battery out and in, or bridging the Gnd and reset points, to remove the bluetooth indicator in the screen… but is happens the same… some seconds after connecting the Flasher the BT icon appears again but the flasher doesnt connect… or allow activation…etc, just Temp/Humi: waiting notify for data after connecting, any hint?
thanks! :slight_smile:

Try using another device. I also had some issues initially. My experience is that I need to close the webpage, before trying to connect a second time for example. also need to place the sensor really close to my PC.