Passive BLE Monitor integration

If only this was an automation platform where you could control your dashboards and notifications.

I know where and how to upgrade custom integrations, I was just not aware of that HA can break an integration so badly and error logs/notifications arenā€™t really helpful as seenā€¦ (e.g. who to f would have thought this out of an 500 internal server error?)

Hello there!

Is it possible to add support for new version of Xiaomi Miaomiaoce Smart thermometer (Device model MMC-t201-2)? Iā€™ve tried to flash it with Telink webservice, it connects but there is no firmware for this iteration of device.

Itā€™s very interesting and affordable device for sport usage (heat training in running, cycling and any kind of endurance sports).

Iā€™ve searched all king of information how to add support to Garmin devices (cycling computer, watches) and there is available plugin for display such parameter as body temperature, but there no support for device Connect IQ Store | Free Watch Faces and Apps | Garmin

Hello community,
I am quite new with HA and bought a Linptech KS1 Pro (KS1BP) recently on Aliexpress (V1.2), because I read that this device has been added to the supported devices in BLE Monitor Integration. I still use BLE Monitor Integration successfully with Jaalee Temperatur and Humidity Sensors (JHT) and Ruuvitag. I am running version 12.13.0 of BLE Monitor and paired first the KS1 Pro with the Xiaomi Home App on my iPhone. This was not so easy because I learned that you have to use the China Mainland Server. In the App I see ā€œGateway connectedā€ but I donā€™t see the temperature and humidity values. I was able to give a name to the 4 buttons. I donā€™t have a HUB and in the App under Device-Network appears OFFLINE.
I see the KS1 Pro in the BLE Monitor Integration, but all values ar ā€œunknownā€, except the BLE Tracker. I did 2 system restart but nothing helped.
I thought as supported device I can just add the KS1 Pro in the BLE Monitor, like the Jaalee and the Ruuvi, but it doesnā€™t work.
What did I miss? Do I need a Xiaomi HUB to use the KS1 Pro in HA? This was and still will not be my intention.
Thank you for helping me.

Did you enter the encryption key in the ble monitor device settings? Make sure you have the latest encryption key, as it changes qhen(re)adding it to mihome. See the faq how to get the encryption key.

Hello Ernst, thank you for your quick answer. I tried to get the encryption. I didnā€™t use option 1 (Xiaomi Cloud Extractor), because I guess that without using a hub there will be no device in the cloud. I used option 2a, but it didnā€™t work. I could pair but then I got only the Device known id, but no Mi Bind Key. With option 2b I could pair, but without result. See screenshots.
How should I proceed?
Thank you for your help.

Hello guys,

Iā€™ve been trying to get the beacon key from my Yeelight Dimmer Switch 1526 YLKG07YL/YLKG08YL.

Iā€™ve tried the get_beacon_key python script Option 5 in this quide: FAQ | Passive BLE Monitor integration

I got this lines after trying:

āžœ  ~ python3 get_beacon_key.py F8:24:41:C3:15:26 950
Activate pairing on your 'F8:24:41:C3:15:26' device, then press Enter:     
Connection in progress...
Successful connection!
Authentication in progress...
Characteristic 00000010-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb was not found!
Disconnected!

Not sure what else can I try. I donā€™t have any lamp that I can pair natively.

Iā€™m trying to get a Govee H5182 working and canā€™t tell if thereā€™s a permissions problem with my bluetooth adapter. Iā€™m using Home Assistant installed from the Arch Linux repository, HACS installed through the AUR, and Passive BLE Monitor Integration installed from the HACS store. With the scan set up as seen in this pic, the device is never found.

Checking the log, I have the [custom_components.ble_monitor] HCIdump thread: Something wrong - interface hci0 not ready, and will be skipped for current scan period. error message, which the FAQ says is from Python not having the necessary permissions. But Iā€™ve checked that

sudo getcap `readlink -f \`which python3\``

has /usr/bin/python3.12 cap_net_admin,cap_net_raw=eip which looks like it has the right permissions.

In my HA log, following those messages is the a few minutes of scans with 0 advertisements. Then I turn on my computerā€™s UI ā€œsearch for Bluetooth connectionsā€ and the log sees tons of things to connect to until I turn that off. So, it seems good that Home Assistant did start looking for advertisements and was able to see traffic from the adapter, but seems bad that I got the notorious error message and had minutes of 0 advertisements.

Anyone able to weigh in on this?

This may be better suited for the Arch forum, but the Arch wiki (canā€™t link it since Iā€™m a new user and can only link two things) discusses a Bluetooth integration problem. I never got the error message they talk about and I already had dbus-broker installed, so Iā€™m not sure itā€™s relevant, but worth mentioning.

EDIT: Solved. See last post in [Solved] Home assistant bluetooth / System Administration / Arch Linux Forums . The service for Home Assistant uses a virtual environment and dynamicuser; for reasons I donā€™t understand, the best solution is to edit .service file with

[Service]
AmbientCapabilities=CAP_NET_RAW
CapabilityBoundingSet=CAP_NET_RAW

I believe this removes the need to do the usual step 0 python setcap.

My Bluetooth device is not supported but I only want an automation when it is online based on Mac. Is this component is needed or can I use other components ?
I donā€™t know the Mac yet so I have to figure that out somehow.