Passive BLE Monitor integration

Hello everyone! Has anyone already tried using the phone tracking feature? I added a poppy address to the config, but nothing happened. No entity or sensor appeared anywhere.

I’m using the recently added device tracker feature and it’s working really well. I did try getting it to track my android phones, but it doesn’t work. I’m guessing they don’t transmit on BLE, only regular Bluetooth.

Has anyone had any experience with adding the Honeywell smoke alarm JTYJGD03MI?

Its supported but i cant seem to find the correct documentation to guide on its adding to BLE

Thanks

It should be added automatically, when discovery is set to True. Try to move it closer to rule out connection issues. Also make sure you have the Bluetooth version. If that doesn’t work, open an issue on github

Thanks i pressed the pair button 3 times until the green light flashes, and its placed right by the rasberry pi, and will not automatically be detected.

It isn’t needed to pair it to BLE monitor (BLE monitor will only listen). But it is sometimes needed to to add it to MiHome before it actually sends useful data. It that doesn’t help, check the faq of ble monitor how to debug or make a hcidump and post it on a new issue on github.

OH wait to I need any other special hardware to get this work - or do you mean just the app? I may have misunderstood what this plugin does.

Thanks

You only need the MiHome app. Some sensors need to be added to the MiHome app first, before they are starting to send actual readable data. Some other sensors send it without being added as well, not sure if this is the case for your smoke detector.

I don’t think you will need a gateway, just add it to the app on your phone. Install Xiaomi MiHome, add your device at let it connect over Bluetooth. If that works, it should be automatically added to BLE monitor as well, as it will listen to BLE advertisements that are send over the air.

New release 4.1.0 - Govee sensor support

Thanks to the help of @Thrilleratplay we have added support for Govee sensors.

Active scan is required to receive data from these sensors, so make sure this option is enabled.

The following sensors are supported in this release

• H5051
  • H5072
  • H5074
  • H5075
  • H5101
  • H5102
  • H5177
  • H5179

Thanks - tried the app route it wasnt even listed in the devices, i let is scan, then searched in app for the model, then tried to scan the QR card, and it couldnt be discovered for me.

Make sure you set the region to China mainland in MiHome, as this region has support for more sensors. And recheck the exact version you have, there are also zigbee versions

Spot on, changed to China and there it is!

Its been auto added to home assistant -s there any other steps needed to pull the data? all status shows as unknown.

Device info

JTYJGD03MI

by Honeywell

Firmware: Xiaomi (MiBeacon V5 encrypted)

Entities

ble battery 54EF44E39CBC

Unknown

ble button 54EF44E39CBC

Unknown

ble smoke detector 54EF44E39CBC

Unknown

ADD TO LOVELACE

Yep, it needs an encryption key. This isn’t mentioned in the docs, but you can see it at the firmware, which says that it is encrypted (will update the docs tomorrow). You can get this key with Xiaomi cloud token extractor. Other methods are in the ble monitor faq, but this is the easiest method. After you get the key, add it to the options of ble monitor, by selecting your device in the options menu.

Thanks - tried the token extractor on all servers, the only devices that show are my yeelights so far.

The device is added in android app and connected when im attempting to get the token.

The Xiaomi cloud token extractor is extracting your tokens from the cloud. So, I assume you have created an Xiaomi Account when you set up MiHome, is that correct? Maybe it still needs to sync? There are other ways to get the key, but they are more complicated. Check the FAQ of BLe monitor for the alternative methods.

Am I taking the

BLE KEY or TOKEN

Managed to sync and get the details as you suggested :slight_smile:

You will need the BLE key

Perfect almost there now, after i entered the BLE key

ble smoke detector 54EF44E39CBC: Unknown
ble battery 100 %
ble button no press

2/3 appear to be getting data apart from the smoke detector sensor

Amy idea why its not getting data for that?

Thank you.

hmmm, that is strange, can’t think why it does receive battery and button messages, but not smoke status. I’m afraid you’ll have to create an issue on github and provide some information with a hcidump e.g.

I have looked and tried, but I cannot find the simple answer to…

“How do you remove a device?”

I want to remove 1 device that ESP home is now reporting and I cannot find how I do that.

Thanks