Pausing/Resuming Rachio Irrigation Controller due to low water pressure

Ha, oh boy! This was not supposed to be this difficult on your end!

I had too many versions of files floating around. Its updated now, sorry! At least the services are there now.

no problem at all, I am appreciative of all the help. Here is the new error I get on boot up.

Thanks again for all your help!

Perhaps I should test this before telling you its fixed :man_facepalming: Stand by

1 Like

Ok should be good to go now :crossed_fingers:

ok great, same link as above?

Yep same link

ok, reporting back. Good news!
No errors upon startup, and still see both rachio.pause_watering and rachio.resume.watering. I created a quick automation where the action was call service rachio.pause_watering and rachio.resume.watering. I started a random zone on my controller and manually fired the automation, success with a 60 minute pause. I then fired the resume command and the zone started watering again. I believe we can call this success!! Now all I have to do is work on a pressure sensor to serve as the trigger. I canā€™t say thank you enough for all your assistance with this, this is a great start to solving my issue. Thanks again!!!

Awesome good to hear!

I have one more favorā€¦you said you have 2 controllers on the account correct? Would you be willing to try running both simultaneously and call the pause/resume services with no parameters, then try it again using devices: <one of your controller names>. It should pause both if no parameters are passed and only pause the one specified in the second example. You can do all of it from the services page in lieu of setting up an automation if you want. Thatā€™s the only part I havenā€™t been able to fully test but if you canā€™t run both because of the well thatā€™s fine, I think it works correctly.

absolutely, will try when I get back to the house.

thanks again!

All work exactly as expected, no parameters = both controllers paused/resumed. Tried pause/resume on each controller individually while the other was running and only the targeted controller was affected, I think that does it!

Great, thanks for checking that for me!

Feel free to keep using the custom component until it gets added officially, canā€™t really say when thatā€™ll be yet as Iā€™m waiting on the dependency to get updated, and I donā€™t have any control over that part of it.

all good, thank you again for all your help!

1 Like