PC2HASS - Windows PC to Home Assistant Interface for Display Settings and Application Launching

Just wanted to share something I was working on…

My PC is connected to my home theatre television, which is 4k but the monitor also hooked up is only 1080P. So I wanted a way to automate switching between duplicate monitors at 2k and just the tv at 4k.

I wrote a utility (using profile switcher command line program written by someone else) that will allow Home Assistant to have a drop down list of different PC display configurations. Selecting one will change the PC’s display to that mode. You can set up any number of different profiles (resolution, # of display’s, orientation, left, right, duplicate, extended etc.) to choose between. Very easy to set profiles, just put your display how you like it in windows and basically just type save from the command line. Home assistant will also report the current profile being used on the PC if it matches one of the profiles you’ve saved. These profiles can also be activated from HA scripts and automations…

Going one step further, I also added the ability to launch any application shortcut or url from HA. Just place the shortcut in a designated apps folder on the PC.

lovelace_pc2hass

I’ve only had it up and running for a few days so far, but you can check it out if you want at

5 Likes